I Just Ordered A New Cimarron .45 Colt 5.25" "Old Model"

tpelle

I've noticed that as I get older my interests turn more and more to "traditional" things. Today I took another step in my retro obsession, and ordered a Cimarron Model P revolver with the "black powder" frame and with the "antiqued" finish. Oops! It a 5-1/2" barrel, not 5-1/4 like I said in the title.

I'm thinking about an El Paso Rio Grande holster rig to go with it.

Even worse, I'm considering ordering a Lyman (Ideal) 310 Tong Tool to keep it fed!

Anybody else find that they too are following this retro interest path?

Last edited:

ozarkguy

I know exactly what you mean. In the last year I have bought a Cimarron Richards Type ll conversion in .44 Sp, an 1851 Richards Mason conversion in .38 Sp and a used Cimarron Model P old style in 45 Colt. Prior to that I even got around to buying several Uberti black powder Colts when I got a super buy on three at once! I came up with the money by selling some long guns and a modern semi-auto pistol that no longer interested me.

I'm now considering buying a Cimarron Open-Top in .38 Sp. I don't know, these older style revolvers just seem more interesting to me.

Stephanie B

I hear you. I am going back and forth on ordering a Uberti Cattleman Model 344100. It' be more pricey than the ones on sale from Tanners, but I don't care for either the brass grip frame or the matte finish (which looks to me as though it was applied by Earl Scheib).

yournodaisy

Yes I know what you mean.....in the last 8 months..Iv'e bought an uberti desparado in nickel..45 LC....then a cimmaron model P blued color case hardened with 5 1/2 barrel....then finally a Colt SAA blued CCH in .45 colt. I love the old stuff. I can tell you now theres no cure..:eek:

gak

Love my 5.5" 44 Sp Model P "Pre War" or what I guess would also be referred to as a "new model"--with the cross pin. It was antiqued by Cimarron for me on this side of the pond before I took physical delivery new--not their normal thing but my LGS had particularly good standing--as Uberti had no .44 Specials in their factory-aged "original finish" in shipment to them at the time...and I was impatient :) . I then had it custom tuned by one the very top Coltsmiths we're blessed to have locally, and a set of Colt hard rubbers--also "accelerated wear"applied--fitted to complete the picture. Looks and feels for all the world like a nice old 1st Gen. One of my favorite guns. To the OP, enjoy...you'll love yours!

Last edited:
Jim March said:
I like "weirdly modernized heavily modified retro".
Is that how you describe that Rube Goldberg Ruger you carry? "Weirdly modernized heavily modified retro"?

Methinks you could just stop after "weird." :cool: