I just love that new Kahr smell.

kylen

0737b4be.jpg

611cee73.jpg

Okay so I have never owned a Kahr before. But yesterday I purchased a new Kahr MK40. I have not had a chance to take it to the range yet, but hopefully I will have a range report soon enough. What is everyone's thoughts here on this Make/Model?

I wasn't always a fan of the 40 S&W caliber. But I am going to give them another SHOT. :)

Ideally this is going to be my ccw firearm, however I know it is all stainless unlike the PM and CW models. But it just looks and feels like it is built with quality and care.

Also plan to get some wood grips for it.

vyse.04

Looks nice. I have a K9 and a CW45 and I like them both. If the used MK40 were a MK9 at my LGS, I probably would have went with that over my K9 (although I do like the added grip length).

hulley

Very nice! I'm wanting a K9 to go with my CW9. I love all steel guns and I love my CW9 so naturally the K9 should be my favorite gun in the whole world! :D

kylen

@vyse.04

How much were they asking for the used Kahr MK40 at your LGS if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

WildBill45

I have not had a chance to take it to the range yet, but hopefully I will have a range report soon enough.

I have bought tons of guns over my shooting career, and rarely did any new gun see sunset the day it was purchased without being shot!!!;)

Of course, in Colorado I had my own range on my property!:eek:

kylen

First off I know it is not good to dry fire but I tried dry firing the Kahr and it only clicks once when I pull the trigger. I can pull the trigger all day long but is that normal for it to only click once? I am not as familiar as I should be with Kahrs or hammerless firearms for that matter. Thanks.

PSP

First off I know it is not good to dry fire but I tried dry firing the Kahr and it only clicks once when I pull the trigger.

It's OK to dryfire. Just be sure it's not loaded of course. You have to dryfire a Kahr to accomplish a normal takedown for cleaning.

I can pull the trigger all day long but is that normal for it to only click once?

This is normal. The slide must be cycled back a short distance to reset the trigger.

Nice gun. Read the manual as Kahrs are a tad bit different than some guns. Keep it well and properly lubed as Kahrs like to be slick.

kylen

@PSP

Thanks for the info! Yes it seems really nice. :) I bought some WWB ammo an some SD ammo as well.

Mello2u

I have the Kahr PM40. You know when it goes off. But if you use a solid Weaver hold on it; it shoots remarkably easy.

Of course you might say I am not recoil sensitive. I find the full power 10mm auto in a 1911 to be "Just Right"!

kylen

I almost got the PM9 but it was a little more than the MK40. And the MK40 just stood out to me with the all stainless and the overall design. I am happy so far. Cannot wait to go try it out at the range.

kylen

Should I spend the extra $45 and get the Stainless Steel Guide Rod from Kahr or does it really make a difference? Thanks.

PSP

Should I spend the extra $45 and get the Stainless Steel Guide Rod from Kahr or does it really make a difference?

No, not really. Looks nice but the steel guide rod works perfectly well.

Last edited: