I just got this SW Model 27!

boa2

I just got the following 3.5" nickel SW Model 27 to go with the 5" nickel SW Model 27 that I already had, shown in the second picture below:
P1040397.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/shootit/Hobby%20File/P1040395.jpg

Last edited:

boa2

SIGSHR:

1)No, mine do not have the red ramp front sight.

2)Your 4" model 27-2 is the gun that I need now, to complete all of the barrel lengths-except for the 8-3/8" length(Which I don't want)!

3)Do you have a picture of your 4" Model 27-2?

4)Thanks for the compliment!

Ranger325

Beautiful!! I am sooooooo envious, I want to find a blue 5 incher to go with my 3.5 M27-2, but have to build my gun-fund back up.
Congrats, that's one nice Smith..................

Regards,

Bellevance

Those two have to be among the most beautiful revolvers I've ever seen. The nickel looks flawless on BOTH of them. I can't even see a turn line. Are you going to shoot them?

I tell you, I firmly believe guns are made to be shot--but I'd have a real hard time dirtying up those two!

boa2

Bellevance:

1)No, I'm not going to shoot my model 27's-as I don't want to dirty them up, just as you've said!:eek::D

2)Thanks for the compliment!

Hammer It

Hello Boa2
That is nice looking Pair of 27's you have there. I have this 27-2 5" revolver that to me is the perfect weight and balance... Hammer It

27InFrontofPresentationCase3.jpg

27InFrontofPresentationCase.jpg

Webleymkv

Stop it right now! My wallet hurts enough as it is without you tempting me like that. Seriously though, those are beautiful wheelguns. A 3 1/2" M27 is IMHO the best looking handgun ever made.

WVfishguy

Damn, I'm envious.

A lot of old timers maintained that 5" was the perfect barrel length for an N framed Smith (one of the few .357 mag available way back then).

I wish Ruger would make the GP 100 in 5".

The blued Model 27 was always one of my favorites - I had to settle for the less expensive Model 28.

The nickel 27 was a rich man's gun. :p

Two questions:
1) It's no one's business, but what's a fancy wheel gun like that set one back these days?

2. Was the 3.5" barrel a standard size, or special edition? I always thought it was 6", 5" and 4".

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Congratulations~!

on some beautiful old Smith's fella's. :cool:

I own a pinned and recessed, 3.5" barrel UNFIRED S&W model 27-2
.357 magnum that has NO drag line marks what-so-ever; new in the
factory wooden presentation case with unused tools, and all of the
documents. This weapon has the "Triple T's" [target trigger, hammer,
and grips]; but is without the red-ramp front sight and whilte outlined
rear sight. My S/N is N432xxx~! ;) :D

Oops~! I forgot too say that my weapon is a factory blued 27-2.