I just got this S&W 681....finally!

boa2

Although, many moons had passed before finding an S&W Model 681(No dash #) .357-now, I've finally got one-as pictured below! It was a long wait but, I think it was worth the pain! How many of you like the Model 681?
P1050117.jpg

P1050120.jpg

P1050118.jpg

P1050111.jpg

P1050115.jpg

P1050106.jpg

bdb benzino

Beautiful peice!!! I really like the channel sights for no snag CCW and they are serviceable for a CQB which is all they were intended for, Perfect!! Nice choice and I like the original stocks also.:D

18DAI

Congrats! Nice 681 you got.

My 681 is my favorite L-frame. Real tack drivers. Enjoy yours! Regards 18DAI.

boa2

1)Thanks for the compliments fellas!

2)I'm partial to fixed sight revolvers and, aside from this recently acquired 681, the only other modern S&W fixed sight revolver I own is a still NIB Model 520 NYSP revolver-but, this one is too nice to shoot! I'm gonna shoot my 681 though!:)

jad0110

My sister bought a 681-3 4" (marked Ohio State Police) less than 2 years ago for $350. Very nice gun, and she is quite a shot with her big smith. Hitting golf balls at 7 yards, DA, isn't much of a challenge for her with that 681.

The 681 was my first issue revolver. The one they issued me had a butter smooth action but you had to hold on the top of the right shoulder of the silouette target to hit center mass at 50 yards. After seeing how my department made sight adjustments I decided to live with it. The replacement they issued me after the recall was very accurate but the rebuild work looked like it was done by a high school shop class and the action was not in the same class. Still one of my top choices for a combat revolver though.