I just got my C&R License!!!!

TX Hunter

Its been a long wait but it finally got here, I cant wait to make my first purchase.
Could someone please explain to me about the bound book.
And a few tips on using the license.
I think my first purchase will be a Romanian T-33 Pistol. The ammo is plenty cheap, and it looks like a decent gun.:)

Cheapshooter

Congratulations! Glad to see you join the club. I just did a google search for you and found a lot posts about the bound book. Many on this forum, so just do a little searching.
Simply, it is a record of your purchases, and sales. They are technically called
acquisitions and dispositions. You need to record a description of the firearm which includes the manufacturer or importer, the model, the serial number, the type of firearm, and the caliber. Next, the date of receipt, or disposition, the name/address or name/FFL of who you purchased it from. Or for a disposition, the same info on who you sold it to. In the case of disposition to a non-FFl licensee, in addition you will need to record the Date of Birth, Drivers license or other ID and Alien ID if applicable.
Sounds a little more ominous than it really is. If you are like me, the disposition part will never be filled out. You can sell C&R firearms however to "improve" your collection as it states in the rules.
Another good forum for C&R holders is: http://milsurpshooter.net/
BTW, my first C&R several years ago was a French 49/56 semi-auto rifle. Loads of fun, but high priced 7.5X54 French ammo.
You will enjoy the TT-33. I saw in Southern Ohio Guns flyer that they had Some Polish TT-33's, When I checked the website, all they had were Romanian. I've got one of them, great shooter, I just wanted to pick up a Polish Model.
While I'm at it, send or fax a copy of your license to all the distributors so you are on record with them when you want to buy something. Have them put you on their mailing and e-mail lists.
On the website I mentioned is a link to C&R Distributors.
Welcome to the crowd, and you are probably going to have to buy another safe for all your C&R's
Bob

TX Hunter

Thanks Bob,
I love the C&R guns, If you think about it, they cover just about everything,
There are so many older firearms out there, still in good shape.
I have a Yugo Mauser, I had shipped to a gun dealer, before I got my license, and I bought my Son a Mossin 91-30. Both Rifles are in very nice condition, and fun to shoot. I have some acesseries for both of them.
Your right, I will probably need another safe.
I already have my eye on the Pistol, and keep noticing a little Spanish Mauser that keeps jumping out at me, as well as a few others.
I plan for the Crown Jewel of my Collection to be a 1903A3 Springfield, If I ever find a good deal. The license will make that alot easier.
One very nice part of this, is that my Son, is very interested in the old guns, and learning some history with them.
Not to mention the time we spend together, shooting and cleaning our Rifles is priceless.:)
Rick

Cheapshooter

One more point I forgot. Make several copies of you original FFL before you sign it. Most places that want a copy want it signed, not a photo copy of the signed FFL
Also, send copies to mail order and on-line suppliers like Midway USA, Graf & Sons, etc. They will give you a dealer discount on purchases. Just ask anybody you order ammo and shooting supplies from if they offer a discount for an 03 FFL holder.

Cheapshooter

Thanks Clark500. I couldn't find it on the site because I only checked under used handguns, where C&R pistols are usually listed. I see now they have it listed under the new handgun category.

That hit my "toy fund" for a couple Benjamins! LOL:D

44lover

Congrats, on your C&R and welcome. It is a whole lot of fun. You do know that Midway USA has dealer pricing for C&R holders. Since I've gotten mine 3 yrs ago, I have gotten used to not paying retail for most everything I get. This is a problem one can get used to. (LOL)

gcsod45

Clark

Hey thanks for the information. I checked out the site and have ordered my Application. 1st step out of the way.
Thanks again for the help.

TX Hunter

44 Lover

Thanks, I didnt know that about Midway USA.
Thats cool, My Son and I love to shoot together, and now we dont even look at the new guns Anymore,:D I will send them a copy of my license now.
My Son and I are hooked on these old historical firearms, not to mention learning and spending time together.

44lover

TX Hunter

I have a Romanian TT-33, it is a nice pistol, and shoots well. The 7.62x25mm round is a real sledgehammer. I also have a Polish TT-33, it's even better than the Romainian.Got both from SOG, they are really good to deal with. mnost of my C&R guns came from them. Great fun to shoot, and relatively inexpensive on ammo.
The best ammo I've shot in them is the romanian surplus. The Polish is real good too. Just remember to clean it aftert shooting, the ammo is corrosive. Keep a bottle of windex in your range bag. It gets the residue out really well.

TX Hunter

44 Lover

I got a Polish TT-33, from SOG,
You are right its a shooter. I also got some of that 1952 ammo with it, and have not had a misfire yet. I really like this pistol.
And WOW at the accuracy, it will out shoot newer pistols in that department.:D
I have shot my pistol a couple of times, each time I have Sprayed it down with Windex, and then at home took it apart and cleaned each part with Shooters Choice Solvant, and oiled it up good.
When I disasembled my pistol I was pleasantly suprised to find that it has a new barrel.

gcsod45

CR FFL

Well got my app in and it is filled out and ready for the return trip. Hopefully not to long of a wait.

JPD622

Don't forget you can buy any 50+ year old firearm or one that is on the BATF list. I've purchased "modern" Colt and S&W revolvers, Browning shotguns, as well as the Milsurp rifles and pistols. I won a Browning A-5 12 gauge shotgun recently on Auction Arms for only $325. It was the most beautiful 55 year old shotgun I've ever seen. When I broke it down for cleaning, I discovered that the Belgian wooden plug had never been removed. The plug alone is a collector's item. Sweeeeet