I just caught my first movie gun mistake

News Shooter

In Fargo, one of my top five favorites.
At the end when the chief confronts the chipper guy he runs onto the frozen lake. She takes aim with what appears to be a smith or colt snubby. He falls wounded in the next scene, then in the next scene she lowers the gun and it has magically changed into a five inch barrell.
Please don't tell me someone has already documented this. I want to be the first once.
Thank you for reading this stupid post:)

dkb2003

Hmmmm

Ok you are a weirdo.... i had to get the dvd out and watch...You are correct.. I like this post..Its weirdo as am i and love it....how did you find this info out????????......nice post...It was one of those that make you do research!!!!!!!!!

News Shooter

Always nice to meet another strange person

I guess I've seen the movie twenty times or more. I suppose it was subconscious. I thought I noticed it the last time I saw it and then it was on again tonight and I reminded myself to watch closely. It doesn't diminish anything in the move of course, it just amazes me how stupid continuity people are sometimes. I love the fact that it is also a very obscure catch.
I can die happy now

mete

The strangest was a movie where the camera went back and forth from one shooter to another . The one shooter first had a Beretta ,then a 1911 ,then the Beretta, then the 1911 etc !!! :rolleyes:

Chaingunner

How 'bout the magic SiG (i thi nk it's a SiG anyway) that shoots one last round with the slide locked back in the movie "SWAT"? During a close up, no less!

azurefly

In the movie Mindhunters, there's a scene where one guy has a GLOCK, then it's a Beretta, and back and forth several times. (It's the scene where the gun has been sabotaged and blows up on him -- fatally -- when he fires it.)

There is no valid excuse in the world why a continuity editor did not or could not detect this error and prevent it from being included in the film. :barf:

-azurefly

kozak6

To tell the truth, gun movie mistakes are so rampant, I'm more surprised when they don't mess up.

I was watching one of those Clint Eastwood westerns the other day, and I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw him actually reload his six-gun.

Dust_Devil

Biggest movie blooper with guns besides endless magazine capacity

Try telling Hollweird that when a character charges a gun or rifle while it is pointed at his enemy to give the viewer that scary feeling of the gun clicking or the shotgun cha-chucking means the gun was never loaded all that time previously while the character had his gun pointed at his enemy.
If the gun was already loaded while the character had his gun to his enemy and then charged his gun or pumped his shotgun, then a perfectly good round already in the chamber would of been ejected from the chamber and fell to the ground while a new round was fed in.

TooTall

Most movies have what is called a "Continuity Director" on the filming location or set. They are responsible for getting the actors back into their proper places in scenes. They often use a free-standing "positioning bar", which is used when a "cut" is made, and the C/D will reposition the actors hands by using that bar when they again start filming. The P/B is usually used when the actor is holding a firearm.

I don't recall the movie, but the "continuity director" AND the mandatory firearms expert on the set REALLY flubbed during one scene! The "positioning bar" was used properly, and the actor was in his proper stance when they continued filming, but....almost as if by magic, the REVOLVER that the actor was holding before the "cut" turned into a small PISTOL!

I still enjoy hearing spent casings hit the ground when the actors are armed with revolvers....and not when they're reloading those revolvers!

In the 1970's movie titled "A rumor of war", all of the Marines were armed with M-14 rifles. During some of the shooting scenes, however, there were M-1 Garand EN CLIPS flying in the air! When the movie was made, there was a shortage of REAL M-14 rifles, so the gunsmith/prop expert "converted" M-1 Garand rifles to look like M-14's.
They still used the 8-round en clips, though, so the actors were told to only fire 7 rounds. Well, in the height of the "battle", several actors forgot to count their rounds! "CHING!"

KMBRTAC45

OOH! OOH! Me, ME. I got one, how about in Crimson Tide when Gene Hackman and the officers retake the CON. While they are loading up they all rack the slide, when they enter the CON they re-rack the slide, then when Denzel moves to take the launch key from around his neck they re-rack AGAIN.

cal

Most westerns of old had the actors racking the lever on their rifles. Many times but no ejection of spent cases or bullets. I like it when the actor looks in the action and still nothing happens.

ir3e971

Pirates of the Caribean

In the new Pirates of the Caribean the heroine of the show holds an official from the East Indian Trading Co at gunpoint with a flintlock pistol.

Problem, the striker was wide open...

Probably could have poked him in the forehead with it though....

Bob

buzz_knox

How 'bout the magic SiG (i thi nk it's a SiG anyway) that shoots one last round with the slide locked back in the movie "SWAT"? During a close up, no less!

Was that in the man on man shooting drill towards the beginning? If so, it was a Kimber 1911, the same on the LAPD D Platoon uses. The slide looked to be locked partially open, such as with a double feed.