I just bought a lot of rifle ammo stupid cheap.

Mystro

Holy crap. I just bought a lot of rifle ammo stupid cheap. They must have had a huge buy out but I just bought a case for every caliber I own.:eek:. I figure this gives me a reason to shoot my hunting ammo for more than just hunting. I can now recreationally shoot my exact hunting ammo. 300 win mag for $19 a box with free shipping lets me shoot my big guns all winter long. I bought up a lot of it but there is still some left. I may go back for more and ask my wife to buy me a few more cases for Christmas. ;).
I left the details in the "retail" section of the forum. It's at Massammo.

taylorce1

Thats why I reload, I don't think nearly $1 per round is stupid cheap. When days are short I can go sit in my heated garage and crank out 50 rounds of accurate .300 Win Mag for $1.13 a round using new brass. I can at least reload that brass four more times for $0.48 per round. That'll average $128.50 per case (200 founds) of .300 Win Mag or just over $0.64 per round.

The smaller the cartridge the more savings I get, that and buying 8 lb kegs of powder, 5000 primers, and at least 1000 bullets per order. Reloading adds to my hobby as there are times you just can't shoot or be outside. I've replaced for over 17 years now so my equipment has paid itself off long ago and most items will last nearly forever with a little maintenance.

Don't think that I don't buy factory ammunition from time to time, but only when I find it for $0.50 a round for .308 sized cases and up, and around $0.30 for .223 with brass cases. Last case lot of ammunition I bought other than. .223 was 200 grain .35 Whelen Core-Lokt for $100. ($9.99 per box). I'll be honest though, reloading doesn't save me money it just let's me shoot more.

Mystro

I agree. I do enjoy reloading as well but more handgun than rifles. The cost of reloading is time. These days I have too many calibers to reload and my time isn't as plentiful as it once was. I use to reload for accuracy alone but I have found many rounds that shoot as good as I can reload them so I don't mind buying them and stock piling the brass for when I have more time, especially when they are at a great price with no shipping or tax. If I had to buy new 300 win brass, bullets, powder, and primers, I am not sure I could load a box for under $20 and factoring my time is free. For me, reloading is all about the satisfaction that I made the round from beginning to end. I hope to reload more when my kids get a bit bigger.

Last edited: