I hesitate to even ASK... .25 ACP

Lavan

Does ANYONE carry a .25 for CCW?

NOT as a backup but as the only gun on you?
(If you're embarrassed to admit, say you know a "friend" who does.)
:D

No, really, it must be better than a knife and I'm only speaking of casual carry to places you are ALMOST certain there will be no need.

I expect most would also carry an EFFECTIVE gun most of the time.
:confused:

TunnelRat

No, really, it must be better than a knife and I'm only speaking of casual carry to places you are ALMOST certain there will be no need.

If that was the case then no one would cc. I always assume that no matter how benign the location something could go wrong. IMO, if you're going to carry you should ways carry with that thought in mind. I don't vary my carry options because someplace might be "safer".

That said, I have no experience with this caliber. I imagine someone will be along shortly to say you could shoot someone 100 times with one and not hurt them :p.

Seriously though with the very small options in 380 ACP out there, why would you need 25 ACP?

no reason to bother. the 380 guns (and the 9mm for that matter!) have gotten so tiny, there is no reason to drift into such a silly caliber.

aarondhgraham

I might be the only one who does,,,

But when I slip out the door for a walk,,,
Or when I'm simply in the mood for a light gun,,,
34-charybdis.JPG

I will often drop my Taurus 25-PLY in my jacket pocket.

Aarond

taurus4life

o boy do i feel stupid. yes i do. carry i little raven p-25. usually when i'm at work. to redeem myself a bit, i am getting a taurus tcp 380 to replace my little raven. it's not a bad gun,totally reliable, but definitely underpowered.

PSP

When my Seecamp went back to the mother ship for a facelift a few years ago I broke out my Walther TPH to cover the loss. It served it's purpose.

tph25011.jpg

Last edited:

Onward Allusion

Lavan
I hesitate to even ASK... .25 ACP
Does ANYONE carry a .25 for CCW?

NOT as a backup but as the only gun on you?
(If you're embarrassed to admit, say you know a "friend" who does.)

I expect most would also carry an EFFECTIVE gun most of the time.

I used to carry a FIE Titan in 25ACP and then a .25ACP Beretta way back when - before I knew any better. It is better than bare hands and I dare say pepper spray or a knife, but that's only my opinion. What a lot of people don't realize is that a .25ACP out of a short 2" or less barrel performs as well if not better than most if not all 22LR rounds. This plus it being centerfire makes it a better option than a pocket pistol in 22LR.

It's a dead horse discussion. There are those who will not carry anything less than a .45ACP and then there are those who think a 22LR is more than sufficient for CC. Bottom line is that one should just make sure that they are carrying something. Better the 22LR or 25ACP in your pocket than the (fill in the blank) sitting in the safe at home.

.40cal

I agree with the masses. The 9mms and 380s have gotten so small, it doesn't make alot of sense to carry the 25. But it is still a defensive weapon that should be given some level of respect.

However, for those who think it can't do damage . . . I wouldn't want to be shot in the face with a 25 auto. Period.

Technosavant

It beats nothing, but as said, the newer .380s have pretty well done in the market for the .25 and .32 automatics. They aren't as easy to shoot as the little Berettas, but none of these are range guns anyway.

Mrgunsngear

I used to be a bartender at a place where we had uniform pants that were pretty tight. This was in a state where you could carry in an alcohol serving establishment as long as you weren't consuming alcohol mind you. I carried a Beretta 25acp with FMJ rounds in my pocket because it was the only thing I could conceal in that get up and walking to my car at 4 am in a downtown area wasn't always the safest thing to do; especially when people knew you had cash.
People will poo-poo the 25acp, and it does have its' shortcomings, but IMO any gun is better than no gun. I believe a certain Mr. Cooper said that was the #1 rule of a gunfight after all...

RC20

Any gun is better than no gun. I carried a S&W Model 41 (22 for the uninformed) for many years. Not anyone's choice in those days, it was what I had, I was good with it and no matter what, steady nerves and being able to put your shots where it counts is what works.

And a good question that I have no experience with, can you shoot one of those sub compact 9mm as good as you can shoot a 32 or 25 caliber.

Something I would research and consider for an alternative, but in the meantime, the 25 serves a purpose.

any gun is capable of being lethal, and that may be all it takes (either the threat of the use if that’s where it goes).

Keep in mind that the ones who either espouse or are issued 9mm and up, fail in their use because they use them badly.

so, no I do not laugh at you, its easy to throw out criticism (sometimes masked as advice).

My best gun laugh of all time was Bill Cosby and Robert Culp? Big gun fight, hit nothing and Robert Culp? who is carrying a 45 Revolver says "I need a bigger gun, I couldn't hit a thing"

We fought the latter part of WWII with a clearly inferior tank (Sherman). It was far better than nothing, and often it served admirably well as it was more than up to the job for specific actions.

Carry_24/7

I'd just get an LCP, rather than carry an LCP sized gun with a less powerful round.

The new .380s have all but made .32 ACP and .25 ACP obsolete...if your shopping for a mouse new gun IMHO.

icedog88

I do not know of any mice that carry guns or any one who shoots mice so I fail to understand "mouse gun":D. I do carry a .25 Beretta in my sweats. 8+1 and a spare mag weigh practically nothing and are all but invisible. I also own a Sig p238 .380 but don't feel comfortable working out at the gym or jogging with it.

Technosavant

The new .380s have all but made .32 ACP and .25 ACP obsolete...if your shopping for a mouse new gun IMHO.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but there's a couple areas where the .25 and .32 still has a place.

1) Actual shooting. .32 out of a metal framed Beretta Tomcat is much easier on the hands than .380 out of a LCP.

2) Manipulation of the pistol. The tip-up barrel on the pocket Berettas can be a great help to those without great hand strength or with arthritis.

While guns like the P3AT, LCP, and TCP have pretty well taken over the market (and for good reason), there's still a niche for others.

Bill DeShivs

Those of you who think that the new .380 and 9mm guns are as small as a .25 are obviously not familiar with Browning or Bernardelli .25s - they are tiny.
I have quite a few .25 autos and would not feel undergunned carrying them. I can shoot them well, and I know what the little bullet will do. My regular carry is a .32 acp.
Most also forget that there are literally millions of .25 autos already out there.

Dino.

When wardrobe dictates, I carry a Colt 1908 Vest Pocket.
Probably not my first choice for self defense but I think I can speak for most when I say that I wouldn't want to be hit with ANY caliber. ;)

spacecoast

I attended a "last night on the Titanic" party the other night, and had I had it with me I would have carried my Model 1908 Colt Vest Pocket .25, just for realism's sake. Not that I would have shown it to anyone (well maybe someone). It's really a cool and surprisingly accurate little gun.

DSC01993.jpg