I have to vent on my co-worker!

JWR

As you may guess, Gore is not overly popular among those of us in the military. I was talking to one of my co-workers about the candidates, and, with a straight face, he told me that the most imporatnt things to him were abortion rights and the environment. This, coming from someone who brags on his M1A and wants to get sent to some third world s**thole to babysit cultures that have been fighting for 600 years no more than anyone else in the service! I was, and still am, absolutely shocked! Trust Gore with what still is (for now) the best military in the world when he can't even take care of his dog?! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I can't believe that there are people in the service who are not interested in finally having a man of honor as their Commander in Chief! I could understand a serviceman or woman who is interested in minority/civil rights voting for Gore, but I've noticed that he has been quiet as a churchmouse on such issues, and I can't detect any real enthusiasm for him from my minority co-workers. A gun owner voting for Gore. I felt like telling him if he valued his M1A so little, I'd give him $50 for it, which would be $50 more than he would get from Gore, but I know that he wouldn't have gotten my point. Every time I said "2nd Amendment rights", he said "environmental protection".

Okay. Venting done.

beemerb

Notice how the goverment doesn't want the military to vote?Many will not be able to with all the absente ballets lost in the mail.How does it feel to be deprived of your voting rights?

------------------
Bob--- Age and deceit will overcome youth and speed.
I'm old and deceitful.