I have the original Box

Dead-Nuts-Zero

Not sure if C & R is best place for this thread, but thought the collectors would have more input...

Being somewhat of a pac-rat, I'm running out of storage space. The wife suggested I start cleaning out my treasures. I find I have well over 2 dozen original cardboard containers to my long guns. Counting handguns , thats about 30 more. Most are my original new purchase with the serial number marked on the box. Some are the plastic pistol suitcase type handle boxes that also had a cardboard jacket over the case.

I know that mint unfired guns are worth more and usually better yet if they have the original box.

All are good quality guns, no junk and no high end-end collector guns either. I sold a rifle years ago, still kickin myself, will never sell another. I plan to pass them on to my kids or grand-kids.

What real value are these boxes under these circumstances? Are they worth keeping? I assume that a serial number marked on the box makes that box worthless to someone else who may have the same make/model firearm?

Some of the older boxes like Ruger, have a colorful printed box, while most newer are quite plain with just an end label. Is the printed more desirable to collectors than the plain?

What do you do with your empties? Interested in your thoughts...:confused: