I have fallen in love with a shotgun...

BombthePeasants

Not in a weird way. I have been doing impromptu research on the shotguns of the 2nd World War, and I discovered the Stevens 520-30 shotgun. It is simply COOL!

1. It's a John M. Browning design
2. It's got the cool humpback
3. No trigger disconnect
4. It was used as a combat shotgun

I must have one! I now have a reason to return to gunshows! Finding one will be fun!!

Stressfire

I have fallen in love with a shotgun...

That's all well and good, just know that physical expression of such affection for inanimate objects is illegal in most states:p

Good luck in your search, I personally like the rugged looks of the old Winchester trench guns (1897, 1912) - the more patina, the better. Am meaning to get me one of those at some point

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
A fine Madness indeed....

520s are good sturdy shotguns, and even now, one of the better choices for a "Serious" shotgun. However, there are some caveats.....

Like many JMB designs, the internals are best left to experts. Along with this, many have never had a deep clean in lo these many years. So, get any 520s you acquire to a cognizant smith for cleaning,lube and a checkup.

Slam firing is more of a parlor trick than a combat technique. And, it's rough on things like the lockup. Most folks do it a few times to show off and then revert to normal firing.

HTH....