I have a sickness..........Just ordered another GP100...

rantingredneck

This makes 3 GP100's, to go with my 3 SP101's and LCR.

Happened across a 3" used fixed sight blued GP100 while browsing Budsgunshop.com's used section. I would have preferred stainless, but I've noticed these 3" guns don't tend to hang around very long, so I'll cope with the lack of shinyness.

Got it for 399.00 shipped with box and all original accessories. It also has the original Lett compact GP100 grip, which I highly prefer to the Hogue that is shipping on them now.

Is there a support group I can join here????

Mrs. RR, while not fully supportive of the decision, did grant her blessing to this one :). There wasn't too much grovelling on my part, or at least that's my story.......:eek:

GP100man

it`s awrite since 1985 i`ve traded & bought ,sold many GPs.
at one time i owned 7 at one time ,but bills, & wants & projects have got me down to 3 all SS & full lug,6", 4" & a 3"

KyJim

The only support you'll find here is encouragement to buy another. :) But I understand. I have the same illness. I walked away with a SW Model 65 today.

flattop44

They are great guns, strong as an ox. I have a 4" that I have shot for several years and it just gets better.
FT44

flyboy14

My name is flyboy14, and I am a rugeraholic. It started when I was a young man, and has only gotten worse. They say the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. The next step is to embrace it and buy more.:D flyboy

darkgael

diagnosis

Alas. I recognize the symptoms. You have developed FAD (Firearms Acquisition Disorder). There is no cure for this malady; you just have to scratch the itch, so to speak.
I came down with a more specific strain of it some years ago, SAD (Shotgun Acquisition Disorder). One of it's primary symptoms is uttering the expression "Well, that's it. I don't need another - fill in the blank." This virtually always precedes another buy.
Join a support group, you poor guy. Doomed to a lifetime of buying guns. Sheesh.
Pete

rantingredneck

Oh, I've been afflicted by SAD for years (as evidenced by the 3 870's, 2 Mossbergs, 11-87.........) this is an even more specific strain of RDARAD (Ruger Double Action Revolver Acquisition Disorder) :D.

I used to have all semi-autos and 1 revolver for my woods gun. Oh how the times have changed. 5 Semis now and soon to be 7 revolvers (and counting).

rantingredneck

Picked it up from my FFL today. I'm tickled to death with it. It handles so differently from the 4" GP's. A natural pointer and light and compact enough for carry under an untucked shirt. I've got Don Hume JIT slide that fits it and a Simply Rugged on order (should hopefully be here tomorrow). It's got a couple of minor wear spots in the bluing that should touch up nicely with a bluing pen, or I may just leave them as is. Character you know...

I even got the dealer to waive the transfer fee..........

So here's the GP100.......

img075.jpg

And here's how I ended up with a free transfer...........

img076.jpg

yes, I have a problem..................(and yes, it's a stainless MKII with 3 magazines :D)

Last edited:

Laz

They did make a 3" adjustable sight GP100. I had a chance to buy one a couple years ago. I think they were a special run for some contract but am not sure. I don't think it was ever catalogued.

gwnorth

I have two (4" stainless and 6" blued) but I'd snatch up a third in a heartbeat if I found a 5" locally. I do not consider myself at all unwell :D It's those who have none that are sick and in need of the cure.

tranks

this afternoon i saw a SS 3" half lug gp100 for $350 (i don't remember if it had adjustable sights). i would have bought it but i had just bought a SS 3 1/16" sp101 this morning.

i was really close to buying it anyway, i almost turned around twice on the way home. :D