I have a 30-06 that needs a scope. I saw a Millet

101guns

in Buck Gold Series, Varmit Target Mode. Anyone have any experience with this brand scope for deer/varmit rifles? Thanks

101guns

The scope is LNIB and priced at $150....56mm objective......I know its too much scope but is it a good deal?

armedtotheteeth

I saw one ( I think it was at Academy) Looked like a good scope, ( at first) It had a huge objective, and Variable to 24 X . I compared it to the Cheapest Leupould in the Case. ( Rifleman) the Leupold was much clearer, and about the same price and better made. I think the Millet was about $200. It had an Illumiated mildot reticle and was just too much scope for the money. I cant think that it would hold up very well. The one i looked at felt kinda "clanky" as best i could describe it. It stick with the better known brands. Id save the Millet for rifles with less recoil, and slowly work their way up. I bought the leupold and never have looked back. ( Wally world $250)

Abndoc

I have both a Buck Silver and a Buck Gold. The silver is mounted on a Ruger 10/22 that I have customized to a target rifle, and I have to say that I am very happy with it.

The gold was mounted on a 30.06 and I have only used it one time as I bought it for a future project. So far so good, considering the limited use.

Look up chuckhawks.com/scoping_out.htm-28k for a review.

101guns

thanks....i think im going to give it a try....if anyone else has any experience, please let me know. Chuck Hawks site gave this model a positive review. thanks again