I had to go Old School today.

rickyrick

After work today, I decided to take advantage of what was left of a beautiful day and rezero the rifle that I just purchased a new stock for.

I loaded up shooting sticks, earmuffs, couple of bottles of water, rifle, ammo and the little orange circle targets. Oh, and a cardboard box to stick the targets to.

I had envisioned a quick zero, then throw up a hundred yard group or two then, post pics of a respectable target.

First group was high and left, made one adjustment and got it on the 3 inch circle....so far so good...or so I thought...

Made a second minor adjustment and started to go for a good tight group before I moved back.

I couldn't hold the rifle steady to save my life. I figured the new stock, I just need to get used to it...this is all from shooting sticks but have never had this issue before, I believe in zero how you shoot. Try as I may, I couldn't hold very steady...

Now, the last couple of months, my work load has tripled. I was tired and hungry, my physical fitness is at an all time low.

In desperation to be confident in my scope adjustment before sunset....I chunked the shooting sticks to the side and got down into the prone unsupported position....I haven't done that in several years now....I've got to say, I had forgotten what a mighty fine shooting position that is. All said and done, I was able to confirm that I had a useable zero incase the need arises before I have a chance to fine tune it a touch.

I need to start exercising again for sure.
I think the rifle is a tad front heavy now and I need to lower the cheek piece. I can work with that at home.
I may use the prone position more often now, LOL

hornet41

"Old school" just plain works!!! You can't always have a bench or rest with you when you need to make a shot! Appleseed will teach you proper field positions and techniques that are as steady as shooting off sandbags! Check out Appleseed in your area. You won't regret it!:)