I Guess I Put The Grill Up Too Early

Joe_Pike

I've always wanted a 1911 in .38 Super, but what a way to get one.

In a Roswell, New Mexico grocery store, a loaded semi-automatic Rock Island Armory .38 Super and seven rounds of ammunition were found in a packed case of frozen ribs. A grocery store employee made the strange discovery and the gun and ammo were then brought to the Roswell Police Department. Unfortunately, the gun was cleaned before it was handed over so police were not able to uncover any forensic evidence. The mysterious package from the Swift Packing Plant in Greeley, Colorado was dated June 8, 2011, so police are looking into crimes that occurred during that time and if the gun might have been involved. It was never reported stolen and officers are conducing a federal firearms trace, which will use the serial number to track where the gun was last sold or documented. The trace is a process that could take weeks.

Crankgrinder

I read about this also. Obviously this is connected to some sort of smuggling and perhaps the gun&ammo was just an accessory that happened to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whatever it is tied to is likely long gone by now for sure i think.