I got to pet an FN FS2000 today

Matt Sutton

A local shop had both the PS90 and FS2000 on the rack. I have no interest in the PS90 at all so I didn't bother playing with it. The FS2000 is very impressive! The ergos are great for me. What a lot of firepower in a small package. It was also impressively cheap feeling. The plastic cover that allows for chamber inspection is super flimsy. All that said, it's a really cool gun and I would have bought it on the spot had it not been for the price tag.
***$2100***:eek:
I couldn't imagine paying much more than 1000 for one. At least FN has the huevos to bring a new semi to market.

Yeah, I've always loved the feel of a bullpup. Many if not most, don't like the concept vs. traditional rifle. The AUG is my favorite for its sleek design, not blocky at all, really wish it would be produced again (there was also the USR post ban but i think they were so few that cost more than the pre-94 version). There were a few others like FAMAS, one of the Valmets and an AK (Norinco?), and the High Standard 10-B shotgun. Anyway I'm glad mfg's are coming out with new designs like this one.
If it's the money, how about a Bushmaster M-17s? I think they just recently ceased production, would not be hard to find and well under $1000. I'd like to get one myself. 21" bbl. with an OAL of 30" I think. My favorite firearms are short barrel .223's(or any combat rifle catridge, in a SBR, SMG or pistol) but this preserves the integrity of the intended ballistics and still is very compact.

I shot one last weekend and while it was a functional gun, I didn't find much on it that really spoke to me. It may be short, but it is a fairly substantial gun. So while it is a bullpup, it isn't terribly small. It also wasn't terribly light.

The safety felt very cheap and seemed like it could be twisted off.

The trigger and mag release buttons had about the same feel. The trigger was pretty terrible in other words.

The rear facing flip up thing behind the rear sight managed to trap some of my mustache hairs and yank them out during recoil. That truly sucked.

Otherwise, the gun was accurate enough.

For me, my AR15 with a collapsed stock is only about 1.5" longer than the FS2000 and can be extended if desired. In other words, for the price and bulk, there really isn't much savings in length, not enough to pay the extra money and the trigger on the FS2000 doesn't help out things at all.

SpK

I haven't seen an FS2000, but I've held 2 PS90s. They had milling marks ALL over them.

It looked pretty damn wicked though :D

Wildalaska

The rear facing flip up thing behind the rear sight managed to trap some of my mustache hairs and yank them out during recoil. That truly sucked.

I love it! :)

New gnarly thread? "What gun is ergonomically best for mustche wearers"

WildibetweseeoneAlaska

WildA, the rubber top on the Beretta Storm carbine's stock does the same thing, flexing open during recoil just enough to sometimes trap a hair or two. It is not mustache-friendly either, but I wrapped mine with an elastic cartridge holder that normally goes on the buttstock of a rifle. It was a $3 cover job via Walmart.

So what is the little flip-up thing on top of the stock and behind the sight? (See the arrow in the attached image)

Attachments

• FS2000.JPG
    FS2000.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 59