I got my CCW permit today!! (3-29-06)

Hey guy's, I picked up my CCW permit from the Sheriff's office today! Woo-hoo!!.:D Now I can start "packin".:D It took 3 weeks to the day for it to get approved, that's not too shabby.

Yeah, its a great feeling!:D I consider it to be a badge of honor, considering the scrutiny I had to undergo. Now at least I dont have to worry about being victimized by some street thug.:D I've already got my paddle holster for the Taurus MIL-PRO 40, its going where I'm going.:D

seth

well now that you can carry, fly down to Hawaii and protect me. CCW is illegal here unless you're a drug dealer or cop :(

QuaTscH94

Great feeling to have it, I've had mine for a little over 2 months and I'm still giddy about going around and about carrying concealed :D

9mm_prn

Remember Uncle Bens last words to Peter Parker...

"With great power comes great responsibility".

Or something like that. Anyway you get the point.

Congrats!! :D

doggscube

now you have to go to Wal-Mart.
The official first time carrying place.

Heh, mine was at a Meijer (equivalent to a Super Wal-Mart).

-Jeff

jamaica

Question Springfield XD40 Man

In Colorado is that a statewide permit or just for your city or county?

Also, do you know if Colorado honors Utah carry permits?

The laws differ widely from state to state and are constantly changing.

I believe a Utah permit is honored in Idaho, Wyoming, and Arizona, but not

Nevada. Just wondering about Colorado?

BTW for those coming to Utah, all carry permits are honored here.

j

beardking

XD40, I know the joy you are feeling. I just received mine yesterday. It actually took less time than I figured and now I have my permit but no holster. We know what I'm doing this weekend, don't we??? :D

Congrats.

Hey Jamaica, the CCW permits in Colorado are good STATEWIDE. Colorado passed comprehensive shall issue CCW in 2003 as a state law. Also, I know Utah honors the Colorado permit, so I would assume the reverse is true, Colorado should honor Utah's permit. Currenty, Colorado has reciprocity with 17 states, more will probably be added soon.

In terms of how it feels to have the permit, its wonderful!:D Yesterday I carried into walmart, I had a grin on my face the whole time, lol.:D Its just a really nice feeling to know that I won't be a victim of crime, there is a 99.9% chance I'll never to have to use it, but there is always that .1% chance that I will. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.:D

springmom

Congratulations!

Stay safe, be smart, and I like the quote from Uncle Ben to Peter Parker, it is right on the point.

Springmom