I found a scope! I think.

FirstFreedom

dude, I have to say, for that price or less, you can get a really good "day scope" like a Leupold VX2, Bushnell Elite 3200 or 4200, Weaver V series, etc. For about $100 less, you can get an illuminated Mueller Sport Dot, which is probably every bit as good as that ATN; maybe better. Besides, you don't need that large of an objective lens for that low of magnification. Doesn't hurt, but doesn't help much either. Just my educated guess. What's the purpose of this rifle & scope combo anyhow? Who knew that all these scopes of mine were known as 'day scopes'? :) You guys should get a kick outta this: at this one local gun shop, they have a scoped rifle on consignment. It's an AR10 in .308 with the biggest scope you've ever seen on it. It's the ATN 'day scope' with an 80mm objective lens. Nothing else special about the rifle (other than a precision target grip). No match barrel, no other customizations. Asking price? $4,200.00. That is not a misprint. I told the salesman that whoever buys it, get their number, as I've got some oceanfront property to unload. I think it's this scope:

http://www.atncorp.com/DayOptics/RifleScopes/ATN12-36X80

Scorch

ATN is well made stuff, mostly directed at DOD and PD clientele.
Add a $900 scope to a $1800 AR10 and double the price? Why didn't I think of that?
80mm objective? Sounds like we're going to open up night hunting.
I'm not sure, but I think it's a bit pricey for most of us. And people were complaining about the prices of Leupolds!

TCman

This scope would go on my remington 700 ADL 30-06. I like it because it is illuminated and the bullet drop compensator is a plus. I would use Leupold high rings or medium if they would fit. I already have weaver bases.

Wild Bill Bucks

TC,

A drop compensator scope has to take in the velocity of your rifle if it is really going to be a plus. Check out the Shepherd "One Shot" scopes on their website. They are calibrated for your guns particular velocity, and the drop compensator adjustment will be a lot closer than a scope that isn't made for your rifles velocity.
Since velocity and BC are different from bullet to bullet, it would be hard to build a scope that would work very well on every rifle.(unless the compensator is adjustable, then I think you would pay quite a bit more for it)

TCman

I was at bass pro and I could get a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 or a burris fullfield 2 3-9x40 plex. Which would be better?