I finally got a Double Barrel Black Powder 10ga.

tdmoparguy

Anybody got any cleaning tips? I'm using Triple 7.

Attachments

• CIMG0324.jpg
    CIMG0324.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 154
  • CIMG0325.jpg
    CIMG0325.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 117
  • CIMG0328.jpg
    CIMG0328.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 112

Fingers McGee

T7 cleans up with plain water. Very well I might add. Take the barrels off the stock, remove the nipples, stick the barrels in a bucket of warm - or cold - water (nipple side down); then with a tight fitting patch on a jag, pump the water in and out of the barrels. Remove barrels from bucket, dry inside and out, lube with your favorite lubricating concoction or store bought lube. Guaranteed to get them clean as a whistle :)confused:, now just how clean is a whistle anyhow??)

simonkenton

What a beauty! Damn I would like to have one of those. I wish they weren't so expensive.
That would be the cat's meow for home defense.
What make is it? Where did you get it?

darkgael

cleaning

T7 cleans up with plain water. Very well I might add. Take the barrels off the stock, remove the nipples, stick the barrels in a bucket of warm - or cold - water (nipple side down); then with a tight fitting patch on a jag, pump the water in and out of the barrels. Remove barrels from bucket, dry inside and out, lube with your favorite lubricating concoction or store bought lube. Guaranteed to get them clean as a whistle (, now just how clean is a whistle anyhow??)
+1 about that. Water is all you need - 777, Pyrodex, BP.
Nothing points like a SXS. I have the 12 gauge. I shoot a three dram load of BP - about 80 grains of FFg and an ounce and an eighth of shot.
You have the fun part to do - patterning the thing and learning what powder/wad/shot column gives the best pattern for your needs.
Ballistic Products Inc. is a great source for wads and load data. Circle Fly is also.
Pete

tdmoparguy

Thank fellas for the info. Is it alright to shoot Daisy Zinc Coated Steel BBs out of it? simonkenton it's a 2003 pedersoli i got it on gunbroker.

Hawg

Is it alright to shoot Daisy Zinc Coated Steel BBs out of it? simonkenton it's a 2003 pedersoli i got it on gunbroker.

Not unless the bore is chrome lined and I don't know if the Pedersoli's are or not. Barrel steel is pretty mild and I for sure don't want anything going down my bore thats harder than the barrel is. I don't even use steel bore brushes because they can scratch bores.

mykeal

Pedersoli's latest 10 ga sxs has a chrome lined bore and is safe to shoot steel shot. You might check with Pedersoli to see if your gun has that lining.

darkgael

look.

It looks to be Chrome lined.
I don't think that you can tell by looking. I have a 100 year old Parker that is bright and shiny, not blued, and for sure is not chrome lined. Is the gun new? The current Pedersoli 10 gauge SXSs ARE chrome lined.
Unless you need to for migratory birds/waterfowl or other local laws, stay with lead.

Pete

B.L.E.

If you do shoot steel, you should use some kind of plastic shot protector wad, preferably one designed for steel shot, not the traditional card wads.
Even modern shotguns shoot steel loads that have a plastic shot cup that keeps the steel shot from ever actually touching the sides of the barrel.