SaxonPig

My Mannlicher style rifles.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Most are Mausers which seems appropriate.

Beautiful. Love 'em....but I let my buddy talk me out of my CZ 527 FS in .223....maybe I will replace it or better yet, get that 550FS in 6.5x55 I've long wanted.

Molasses

Especially like the looks of that double-set trigger BRNO

Kinda fond of that look, myself.

Remington Model 7 Custom MS .350 Rem Mag

Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1952 .30-06
(Oddly enough, out of 3 Mannlicher Schoenauers here, this is the only one I own with a Mannlicher-type stock)

Winchester Model 70 Mannlicher .30-06

Sako Forester .243

Last edited:

Tony Z

Must quit looking at this thread! I only have a Ruger 10/22 with a Mannlicher stock (regular checkered one), but the other day, was looking over a CZ 455 in .22 long rifle that is calling out to me!

Must quit looking!

SaxonPig

Reminds me of the classic Planet of the Apes. The rifles the soldier apes used were Mi Carbines with futuristic full length stocks.

MountainBear

A reclamation job. Came to me covered in what can best be described as spar varnish and alkanet root stain so dark it covered the grain like spilled wine. But it was nicely built and in good shape.

So after many hours of sanding and scraping, this is the stock that was hiding under all that stain...

PzGren

Mine are all Anschützes, with one exception they are the elusive model 1423, built on the 54 Match action. My surplus 54 military trainer also has a lot of wood.

DSCF4389.jpg

DSCF7183.jpg

1423III_zpsc118c02d.jpg

aeb5bf6a-c66f-4f5d-8d43-317f251faaf9_zpsofyl84a7.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsk8gjb752.jpg

DSCF7314_zps63e59560.jpg

Model12Win

I've heard the Mannlicher style stocks were made for wood rifles, to protect the barrels from damage during hunting expeditions. Any truth to this?

roashooter

FS

A fine fine collection of mannlicher stocked rifles....my modest collection.....a first year production of the Ruger 77RSI..in 308......Ruger 10/22RSI...that was the first production run of the laminated wood......CZ527FS..223.....CZ452...22lr.....
on my wish list....when I see one...is the CZ550FS...30.06....

I have finally found a load...that my Ruger 77/44....likes....now if I could just get it in a laminated wood mannlicher stock....

Savage99

Be carefull of that front rest.

Molasses,

Be careful that your rifle does not jump off of that hard front rest and get damaged.

I got a new Sinclair cast iron rest and a rifle jumped off of the rest from recoil and got damaged!

I put it in the garage and went back to the old media soft filled canvas bag that's safe.

0016.jpg

Last edited: