I.D. my cap & ball revlver please?

buymore

I tried to show some of the proof marks. It only says "Black Powder Only cal 44 Made in Italy on the barrel" I believe it's an 1860 Army? Not sure what version and wanted to know who made it. I took this on trade and want to sell it, but want it to be a fair price and these BP revolvers seem to be all over the place. Serial D95397

Last edited:

brushhippie

Looks like an ASM (Armi San Marco) 1860 Army....didnt see a date code, it will be a 2 letter code on the right side under the cylinder.

Last edited:

Doc Hoy

Brushhippie + 1

I have two of these n brass but none in steel.

You have a nice revolver.

Photos portray a pistol in pretty darned good shape.

buymore

I see a BD there....is that the date code? It has a very light trigger. From what I'm reading, it could need a replacement? It seems like people say the parts aren't hardened and the trigger parts need replaced with good ones.

I guess I will probably list it later for around $125 shipped or so and start there and see if any offers. Thanks for helping ID it for me.

Doc Hoy

BP

They were making revolvers at least as late as 94. This would be the second I have encountered from that year.

The ones I have presently run from AA to AT.

The two brass 1860s do not have a date code.

Buymore,

I believe you should have no trouble getting 125.00 for the pistol even considering the light trigger pull. BTW I have seen 1860 Uberti's which have the same problem. I would take it myself but I am concentrating on cartridge revolvers right now.

I have replaced internal parts with Pietta parts from Cabela's with success.

buymore

when I tried to list it in the FOR SALE section, it wouldn't let me put pics in that post unless I removed them from here. It said they were already posted, so it wouldn't let me. Sorry...not meant to confuse the help! lol