I couldn't believe my eyes!

keithdog

Yesterday, my youngest son asked to borrow my car to go get lunch at the Dairy Queen. He had been gone longer than he should have been and I was a little worried. Then he walked through the front door, lunch in hand and walked up to me and asked me if I noticed anything different about him. I looked him over and said no, nothing seems different to me. Good he said, then you didn't notice I had this in my pocket. Then he reached in and pulled out a brand new Ruger LCPII and handed it to me saying, happy Fathers Day and happy birthday. I was shocked. I've been wanting that gun for a while now. My birthday and Fathers day aren't until June. Things around here have been rather stressful the past couple months and he said he wanted me to have it now to lift my spirits. Boy, did it ever! :D

deserted

My youngest son, last month, bought me a 500 count bag of Starline .327 Federal brass. and surprise shipped it to me. As the recipient of many a rifle, pistol, shotgun and ammo from dear ol' dad, he said, "It's the least I can do".

bedbugbilly

Your son sounds like a good kid . . . and he had to learn that from you I'm guessing! Very nice and what a great surprise for you! It put a little lump in my throat - my Dad's birthday was in June and close to Father's Day so it was always nice to try and do things for him in return for all the good things he did for us kids when we were growing up. He's been gone for 22 years now and I miss him greatly. You and your son sound like you have a good relationship and that's really nice. Enjoy your new gun - and the two of you should go to the DQ and have a treat together! :)

Spats McGee

Administrator
Congratulations, keithdog!

Slimjim9 said:
Um, I have to ask a stupid question though. Would this not be considered a straw purchase?
That's not a stupid question. Straw purchases are commonly misunderstood. At the federal level, and assuming that Jr. used his own $$$ to buy the gun, no, this was not a straw purchase. (And if your child asks for $300 to go to the DQ, you really should recognize that something is up.) State law may be a different beast, but federal law doesn't regulate intrastate transfers of non-NFA firearms between private, non-prohibited persons.

old bear

Keithdog, nice story.You must have been a good dad, to have a good son like yours. I hope the stress level soon goes down.

buck460XVR

Cool!

Um, I have to ask a stupid question though. Would this not be considered a straw purchase?

No....and speaking for hundreds of thousands of fathers/grandfathers(myself and the OP included) that has given a son/daughter, grandson/grand-daughter a gun as a gift......thank God!