I cannot be any happier with Smith and Wesson customer service

Young.Gun.612

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not, please move if necessary. This post is 1: a rebuttal to the person who was so displeased with S&W, and 2: to compliment the phenomenal service provided.

I sent my VE model sigma .40 to get the trigger cleaned up on the tenth of December. This past Monday I got a letter in the mail saying they had received my gun and they should have it back to me in 2-3 weeks. No big deal, I don't mind waiting and I appreciate that before I could call and ask for an update they provided one. Well imagine my surprise when today I get a package from FedEx today from MA. Yes, in under two weeks time they received, fixed, and returned to me my gun. With notification along the way that it had been received and if I needed any more info a work order number was provided to reference.

How much did they charge me? Whole lotta NOTHING.

Top notch customer service, they just made a customer for life.

Last edited:

kalevatom

I agree. S&W CS is top notch. I called them once to order extra backstraps and mag extensions for my M&P's. They took my order, but wouldn't let me pay for it. Sent it all to me, at no cost. Can't beat that!

Single Six

I'm with you. I'm a Ruger man, but for sentimental reasons [long story] I own a Smith 645. As we all know, that's a 2nd Gen gun, with magazines that many folks, me included, have a bit more difficulty disassembling for cleaning. By contrast, the 3rd Gen mags strip much easier. I called S&W some years back for advice on how to get those older mags apart; they just told me to send them the original 3 mags that I owned. I did so, and in return they sent me 3 brand new 3rd Gen mags...no charge. So, yes..S&W customer service is the DEAL.