I can never go to a gun shop and just look.....XD-9 Sub Compact

2tango2

Decided to take a ride to Kittery Trading Post today on the Road King since it was such a beautiful day. Usually I have no intention of buying anything as their prices on firearms are usually much higher than LGS in my area.

While browsing I see a used XD- 9SC. Price is 395. I take a closer look at it and other than being dirty it looks clean as a NIB. I've been wanting to get an SC for awhile but always seemed to have an excuse not to buy one. Well this deal seemed to good to pass up so I figured what the hell especially for the Bi-tone.

Filled out the background paperwork and was told probably 30-45 minutes....no worries. More time to browse lol.

While I'm looking at some holsters another customer walks up and asks if I'm buying a gun. I sort of look at him a little oddly and slowly say yes.....he then proceeds to give me a coupon for 25 dollars off and says it's the only coupon that KTP accepts on firearms. I thank him and figure why not? All they can say is no.

Time comes to pay for it and sure enough the coupon works fine!

So I ended up paying 370 dollars for a good as new XD-9sc Bi-tone. KTP has a great program for New Hampshire residents. You buy the gun and then a courier brings it to a transfer point in New Hampshire a couple of miles down the road and hands you the gun there. It's a nice service for sure and don't have to pay the Maine sales tax.

Whoever owned this gun before me did not own it for very long. It was bought in February of this year. I cleaned it all up and hard to tell from new

Very happy when you find deals like this [emoji3][emoji106]

8ehe9yte.jpg

9yneba5u.jpg

lee n. field

Whoever owned this gun before me did not own it for very long. It was bought in February of this year. I cleaned it all up and hard to tell from new

I think you either "get" the XD, or you don't. Both of mine were bought used, not very old, with few rounds through them.

The Gun World cover amuses me. "Light and Lethal!". The XD subcompact is pretty darn heavy, compared to the equivalent Glock.

357 Terms

Get the Pearce mag extensions for the flush fit magazines, makes a huge difference on how it feels.
Natchez recently had Tru-Glo sights for $55.

Great lil nines. I love mine.

Sabrewolfe

Ditto on the Pearce grip extensions. Also, Talon Grips (get the rubberized) are awesome.

And yeah, definitely NOT a light gun. I adore mine, but that baby is a 2lb (31.94 oz) brick when loaded up with 124 grain HST's. In fact, according to my soap scale, the SC is only 3.34 oz lighter than my full size XD.

cryption

I've had quite a few guns in my life, and the one I always come back to as my favorite is my XD-9sc. It's got thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. It looks terrible from holster wear and getting banged around at our ranch - but it's the best gun I own.

Tony615

I wish the gun range that I went to had an XD9SC or XD40SC but they did not. I bought a XD40SC and I shot a little over 3000 rounds though it so far. I would like to try an XD9SC as well. +1 on those replies that said get the Pierce Grips. The floor plates on the small magazine is flat so I bought some Pierce grips for my XD40SC. The 12 round ones have an extension already but I'm using the 9 round magazine and then I carry a 12 round 40 S&W as a spare magazine.

Enjoy your XD9SC and be safe.

KenW.

I carry my XD9sc every day for work as a detective. I shoot it better than the XDM 40, and the XD45c. Only mods are Pearce grips and TFOs. I'll be setting it aside as soon as I qualify with my FNX-40. My agency will provide me 40SW but not 9mm.