I bought a RR AR10 and need a case

Dashunde

Hi all.. I bought a Rock River AR-10 Predator (car stock/muzzle brake version) and I'd like your opinions for a case similar to this one with room for a pistol, its mags, the rifle and its mags, plus misc stuff.

Recommendations that dont cost a fortune? Rifle is ~40 inches.
I normally buy Pelican.. but dang..$$$

While I'm at it, I'd also like to know how to put a pistol grip on the Predators forestock, it has short rails on all four sides at the end, but only holes elsewhere.

Thanks!

Mobuck

i own many AR type rifles, therefore I have many cases for this type rifle. I use mostly cheaper padded nylon cases from Bulldog and Midway. Some have accessory pouches and some only magazine pouches. Don't pile the cases over 2-3 deep and don't drive over the cased rifle.

I used to like hard cases, till I realized that extra weight sucked to carry. I transported my rifle from my house to the truck, truck to range, then back again. I stopped buying hard cases and buy single or double padded nylon cases to save weight and space. I like the Drago brand cases as they allow for lots of mags, pistols of wanted, ammo, etc and are of good quality. Below is the link to the double case
https://www.amazon.com/Drago-Gear-D...133&s=gateway&sprefix=Draco+ri,aps,160&sr=8-3

GarandTd

I bought a UTG covert Homeland security case on Amazon that I'm pretty happy with. I bought the 34" version to accommodate an AR 15. They have a 42" version. It is a soft sided padded nylon case, but I liked the features for the price.

Attachments

• rps20190320_211949_032.jpg
    rps20190320_211949_032.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 15
  • rps20190320_212006_939.jpg
    rps20190320_212006_939.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 12
  • rps20190320_212027_910.jpg
    rps20190320_212027_910.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Mobuck

My newest case is designed for a taken down AR. A 16" carbine upper w/scope, collapsible stocked lower, and 5x 30 round mags fit nicely into a rectangle approx 12" x 24". Very unobtrusive, it looks more like a racket bag than a gun case.

GarandTd

In the above case I posted, I have 1 AR-15/mag, 1 9mm pistol/mag, 1 22lr pistol/mag, an Xtra mag for each pistol, 2 Xtra AR-15 mags, a compact pistol cleaning kit, a boresnake for 22/223 and a wrench for the AR. There is still room for more mags, pistol and AR.

bbqncigars

Just got a NcSTAR Double Carbine Case that simplifies my range trips. Held my AR15, RDB bullpup, and the .22lr upper. Also held the mags for them. A good deal for sixty bucks.

riffraff

I've got a few of these and am going to buy another one next time I remember - Plano All Weather Tactical. They make them in various lengths but I think this is what you need, weather proof and very nice for the $$ - probably the best for the $$ at about $80.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...r-series-42-tactical-rifle-case-polymer-black

They come with a few layers of foam - if you take one layer of foam out of them they nicely hold any gun you throw in there in place without needing to try to customize them to every rifle.

The idea of putting multiple guns and all the errata in one case though I don't know how practical that is, a pistol sure but I might put it in a soft case first if you don't cut the foam to fit it... Mags and all that - no way, too much to try to jam in a case if you ask me, or at least the way I do it since I probably bring 200+ rounds magged up for every gun I take with me.

Normally when I go shooting I've got rifle cases, then I have a duffel bag (or 2 depending how much I'm shooting). Duffel bags hold magazines, ear & eye protection, and pistols (pistols go into soft cases).. to organize pistol mags I use the purple cloth bags Crown Royal comes in :).. Rifle mags just stack up in the bottom of the duffel bags.