I Bit The Bullet, 32 S&W that is

I went to the local gun shop and asked if they had any 32 S&W longs? He got a box 32 Magtech hollow points. They had about twenty boxes left and the only problem is that they cost 26.99 plus tax. They also a few bricks of 22RF long (Federal) for 22.00 a brick. The problem here is the price which seem to me to be twice as much as a year ago. It appears that if you can get the ammo, you may have to pay double. I guess it the same all over? Any cheep ammo left?

Doodlebugger45

Wow. Surely nobody else has seen high ammo prices lately. Around here lately ammo is so plentiful, they give away 22 lr just for coming through the door.

:D

bdturner

In 1982 I was paying $9 a box for .32 S&W long. Thought it was high back then too. I was clearing $100 a week in a textile mill.

carguychris

32's, like 28 gauge, are rarely run and therefore expensive
+1. .32 Long is now considered a boutique caliber. Ironically, my local gun dealers seem to have more of it than almost any other handgun caliber because nobody wants it. :rolleyes: If I didn't handload, I'd be tempted to buy a S&W .32 Regulation Police so I'd have something to shoot. ;)

Hint: find an Aguila dealer. Their .32 Long load generally goes for $12-$15/50.

Casimer

Unfortunately, like Chis mentions, 32 Long is a boutique caliber. It's still popular among match pistol shooters, but the factory ammo that's loaded for their purposes tends to be expensive.

Champions Choice has some Norma for $18, if that's any help, but you'll still need to pay for shipping - http://www.champchoice.com/cat-Ammunition-230.aspx

Your best best will probably be to load your own. That's what most people do.

You could also inquire on TargetTalk, which is an ISSF shooting forum, to see whether anyone has some they might want to sell at a reasonable price.