I’m a sucker for Gunbroker ….S&W 340

Nathan

Just bought this off gunbroker….probably should of let it go, but I’ve been crying since I sold my 640.

Would like some kind of kydex iwb, I think. What do you like? Looking for light and easy ccw.

What else do I need to know? It is a sub 14oz 357 magnum! That seems like it will kick!

tuckerdog1

Years ago, I fired exactly 1 round of 357 from a friend's 340PD. It hurt bad, real bad. I've wanted one ever since. Congrats.

Nathan

I fired about 25 357 magnums side-by-side with my 640 in my ccw class years ago. I thought it was ok then. I hope I agree now! If not, 38 spcl +p is a decent round.

moose fat

Yeah I've got one, a 340PD, never ran .357 Mag in it, always .38+p. When I was shopping for a lite carry gun, The retired cop behind the counter told me to hold out my hand. He dropped this small pistol in my hand. I bought it on the spot, an 11 and something ounce .357 that weighs a little more than my wallet.

I have a Mika Pocket holster for it, a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard (very nice and keeps my 340Pd tucked in close) and a Desantis back pocket style. I usually carry it in the Desantis pocket holster in my back pocket, very easy to carry all the time!