Hype-o-rama: Springfield with Flashlight

Sierra

Springfield has apparently released a new model based on its Mil-Spec. The new one has an extended dust cover with a rail for attaching gizmos like a flashlight. Flashlights have been available to mount on sidearms for about a decade so what makes this worthy of all the hype? About every gun magazine at the supermarket is hyping this thing. Other than SWAT (maybe) who cares?

gyp_c2

My goodness...they must really be something for you to take such a turn over a new model from SA!
bandit.gif

Aerrin45ACP

Hey, at least it's not another magazine chock full of Wilson Combat circle-jerking :rolleyes:

I'm with you though, I think the flashlight/tac rail thing is ugly as sin, not to mention making it a pain in the kiester to find holsters. I hope it's a passing fad, for non-LE anyway.

dsk

Like I was saying, everybody is thinking so tactically-minded these days. :rolleyes:

I looked at a new Beretta Vertec the other day, and I was thinking it would be a nice gun if it wasn't for the gargantuan dust cover also used for mounting flashlights.

Sierra

Springfield has always taken criticism over sharp edges. Take a look at the edges of the modified dust cover. More money for customizing. Even without the flashlight current holsters will not fit it so you can buy another holster for your collection. I'll bet it won't be long before this one hits the resale shelves in gun shops.