Husqvarna questions

Bigfatts

So I just got my 'new' Husqvarna today, it finally came in. How do I go about finding out when it was made and exactly what model it is? It's a 9.3x57 with the long bbl. It's a small ring action with the thumb cut receiver and stripper clip notch. Stock has no cheek piece. Serial number is 5578.

So far, I'm thrilled with the rifle. It fits me like a glove and points as naturally for me as my arm does. And it's got the nicest wood I've ever seen on a Husqy. The bluing is also almost perfect. It will probably only get minor alterations: cock on open, extended floorplate release, aftermarket mag follower that will allow the bolt to close without depressing it, maybe express sights. Speaking of which, the guy at the shop said he had seen express sights that will simply go on in place of the existing rear sight blade. Does anyone know of such sights?

Finally, here's a couple pics:
IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Scorch

Pretty!

It looks like a '94 or '96 action, possibly a gunsmith build after WW2. I don't know of any way to track manufacture date on old military actions, but there might be.

Bigfatts

Thanx Scorch but the Huaqvarnas sporters were commercially made on slightly redesigned Mauser actions, they weren't military actions, although they were the same company that produced the Husqvarna military 6.5 rifles. They were built as affordable sporting rifles and are considered by many that own them to be some of the finest rifles produced. I'm already leaning in that direction but I'll decide for sure when I shoot it.

I was able to find out that mine is a Model 46 and was made in 1931. They had so many little variations it can be hard to track down specific models. IE, if mine had a Schnabel forend, it would be a different model.