Huntsman and .243 Savage

pappa

I checked with my local Wal-Mart and they are back to $369.95 on the ones I bought at Christmas for $299.
However, not all W-M have the same prices, so you might want to check yours out.
On the .243 for antelope. Have you considered the .25-06? I think it may offer more for your intended uses.
Look at SOG also; they have some real good prices on Savage rifles, and carry an extensive line of them.

huntsman

ok thanks , those at wally world with a scope ? how about lefty models ? I haven't decided yet but a .25/06 would do also.

pappa

Yes on Scope

The ones I bought have the Simmons 3-9X32 centerfire scope.
I will probably eventually re-scope both of them with 44mm scopes (lighted reticle ?? probably) and use the two 32mm scopes on my .22's.
Do try Southern Ohio Gun, as they have a really large selection of Savage rifles. I know they have some for as low as $280 in this month's flier. If you have a C&R FFL they will send you a flier each month.
The .25-06 will send a 120g downrange as fast and as flat as the .243 100g. That could be a consideration if you plan to hunt antelope, as the range will be greater than needed for whitetails.
Personally, I don't think you could beat the 7mm Magnum for an all around cartridge. I love mine. I think my 30-06 with 180g has more recoil than the 7mm 140g.
Decisions, decisions.......................ain't it fun!