Hunting Rifle Price Check

tully_mars

I have an opportunity to buy a LNIB Browning A-bolt .270 win synthetic stock with a Bushnell scope for $400. Is this a good deal? I don't think this is one of the more expensive Bushnell scopes, the rifle has only been shot a few times on a range and that is it.

Thanks,

TM

tully_mars

Picked up the rifle today, it is like new! Only thing was the scope was a Tasco Golden Eagle 3x9, I don't know anything about this scope. I guess it will do for 100 yard stuff. The gun is clean and works smooth. Bonus was it came with two boxes of ammo less 5 rounds which were the only ones thru it.

TM

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Tascos are among the "You never know" scopes. That scope might last forever and work just fine. For now, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

tully_mars

Yeah, I think I'll do something else for sure on the scope. Those are some good suggestions, I will definitely look at Bushnell and Leupold and others. I love Nikon camera products, but never had a scope. Any more +'s for Nikon?

Thanks,

TM

Desertfox

I have three nikons. One is a Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40. One is a 4.5-14X40 Monarch and the other is a 3-9X40 Omega for my muzzleloader.

I am a fan. I have owned a few bushnell and one tasco and one BSA.

Like I said, I am a nikon fan. I am sure I would be a Leika or Swarovski fan if I had nothing better to spend my money on. Leopold is surely a nice piece of glass from everything I see and hear.

I just can't imagine buying a Browning and putting cheap glass on it.