Hunting Black Bear

K.J.C.

Hey, a couple of friends and myself are planning on hunting black bear within the next week or so, and I have a .270 that I was planning on using for this. Is this a good caliber and if so what grain should I be using?

fyimo

It wil defintely kill a black bear with a well designed 150 grain bullet so not to worry. Just take a good shot and try to double lung it by hitting center chest. My Grandson killed a large 6x6 Bull in Kentucky in September with a 270 Win with a double lung center chest chest shot.

JimmysElk4300DPI.jpg

Water-Man

Black bears are generally not hard to kill with proper bullet placement. The .270 is enough. I would recommend using a Nosler Partition 150gr. load. It has worked for me.

bowtekhunter

well K.J.C when me you and hunter33 go in a couple weeks im bringing my 338, i got a 300 mag if you want to gun up? but the 270 shuld do just fine...after all it is the best caliber made in my opinion :D

Buzzcook

davlandrum: there are whitetail in Oregon and Washington. Look up the Colombian white tail. Not all of them are East of the rockys.