Huge Whitetail!!! Native tracker finds deer!

H&Hhunter

Just got back from Texas with my six year old. She got to help hunt two deer and a hog.

On the second morning we shot this nice little buck which ran into a mesquite thicket. I lost the trail initially!!. my daughter found the first blood sign and followed it for about 150yards were she found the buck dead.

She thinks it may be the biggest deer she's ever found!

(this was her first time out on a successful hunt)

Attachments

• coolkid1deer.jpg
    coolkid1deer.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 331

kdubya

Sure could have used her, instead of my guide, this past hunt in New Mexico. We had to go back the next morning at my insistance to find the deer he had walked by the night before.

H&Hhunter

Kdubya,
If she keeps up like this she'll be my permanent tracker and we'll have to change her name to silent or some such trackerism.:D

Where did you hunt in NM this year??

Fred Hansen

Extremely :cool: !

I usually tell people to ship their kids off to Military School. ;)

Looks like your kid is worth keeping close at hand. :D

What is it with the kids finding the downed animals? My son did the same... Looks like there could be a great future in our hunting adventures... With the kids of course!
Nice buck!

DadOfThree

Freedom,
What is it with the kids finding the downed animals?
It may have something to do with the their eyes being lower than adults. Did you ever notice how much room there is under the brush if you squat? Tough for adults to stay squating all of the time, not a problem for the kids.

H & H,
Very cool experience for your daughter. Good for you.

H&Hhunter

Kdubya,
One of my outfitters is in Luna that is some awesome country for elk and bear as well. We haven't done to well with deer down there and don't offer any hunts for them. Though I know thre are some great areas down there for Mulies.

Freedom,
Maybe kids find downed animals because a they have great eye sight and color vision at least my girl does. She can spot blood like an eagle spots a mouse. And I think also she was really tuned up and paying attention and had no preconcieved notions about where a deer should be so she was really looking were as I just took off in the direction where I thought he was going to be.???:) I don't know but god bless the children and the people who bring up the right way!!!!

orsogato

nice buck!! Way to golittle girl.

You should think about a blaze orange vest though for safety's sake.

Orso out

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Yep she needs a Kit Carson scout medal or something.

Nifty indian/bushman nickname might be good too.

Nice deer.

H&Hhunter

Orosogato,
Good point about the orange. I was hunting on a friends private ranch in Texas. Behind a locked gate we were the only hunters on the place. But you can never be to carefull..