Hsc trigger and reliability vs. PP types

Rusty S

I have walked into a gunshop several times with money in my pocket to buy a 380 Walther. Then I'd fondle the thing a bit and nearly dislocate my finger on the DA pull and say to ( bleep ) with it, and walk out without buying. I've also heard of some reliability problems depending where they were made.

I'm now looking for a gun in the same size range but with a better reputation for reliability and a far better DA trigger pull. OTOH, I like the quality of a 20 or 30 year old gun better than current production. So what's the story with the Mauser Hsc, both the German and the Italian Super versions? Never thought to check the DA pull when I saw one in the stores.

( Don't tell me about the Kahr P9 or K40 - DAO isn't my thing, and I'm no masochist. I've already shot pistols that literally flew out of my hand when sweaty - 35 Remington Contender ).

JH

Reliable .380

Consider the Sig 230 or newer 232. They are extremely reliable, light and comfortable to carry. I don't know much about the Hsc, except they are neat looking and comfortable to hold. I would imagine Hsc parts might be hard to find. I've tried hard to like the Walter PP series but they simply don't work reliably for me, regardless of where or when they were made. Good luck.

JH