HS2000/SpringfieldXD extractors

railroader

This is a heads up for HS 2000 owners. My HS after about 5000 flawless rounds started to develop failures to extract, about 4 or 5 every 100 rounds. As you know the springfield xd is the same pistol. I ordered a new extractor from springfield. The new extractor has a slightly bigger claw, more tension and fits better than HS extractor it replaced. I ran 100 rounds through my gun this morning and it ran like a top. Springfield honors the HS warranty so if your extractor is giving you problems, send your pistol to springfield and they will fix it for free. I bought my extractor so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping of my pistol. Here's a picture of the 2 extractors, the springfield is on the left. Mark

Attachments

• extractor.jpg
    extractor.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 7,443
Last edited:

CSKS

Railroader,
Thanks for the info. If you also have a Glock can you comment on how their trigger pulls and felt recoil compare?

railroader

CSKS, I can't comment on the glock comparison because my exposure to them is extremely limited. I will say that my trigger brakes cleanly at about 5lbs. and the grip angle is very comfortable, similar to my cz and hipower. Mark

mrat

Well it would appear that the extractor was a weak point on the HS 2000 and it has been fixed.

parabellum9x19

So the well known FTE problem with the HS2000 is due to the extractor instead of ammo? Many people reported that the FTE was due to certain brands of ammo.

Does the XD come with the upgraded extractor? Do people with the XD have to get the new extractor? When was the new extractor available?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
parabellum9x19,

The FTE's were almost all with Wally World Bulk Pak Winchester Whitebox stuff of a particular vintage. More than one person miked the rims on this stuff and found them badly out of spec. Other pistols had occasional problems with it, too. Wally World eventually removed everything from that batch from their shelves.

Coug

CSKS,
I have both the HS 2k and a G17. The trigger on my G17 is better but my G17 has an exquisite trigger. The HS has a better trigger than most Glocks I have experiance with (I own 6 and have owned 9). I think the HS handles recoil a bit better than the G17 ad G26 I have, this is of course very subjective. -Coug

railroader

parabellum9x19, I ordered the extractor from springfield about 3 weeks ago. As far as I know this is the standard XD extractor. They told me their parts inventory is limited right now because pretty much everything is going into production of complete pistols but they will sell some parts to HS owners on a case by case basis. They will though fix HS pistols free for sure if the owner covers shipping. I guess they don't want people buying up their parts for spares right now. Mark