HS 2000

Gorthaur

I would search, if I could.... I've read some reviews of the HS Arms HS 2000, but haven't seen any first-hand reports from real people. Anybody have one of these puppies?

rblack

I fondled one at my local gun store and was quite impressed with it. The trigger pull is very nice, possibly better than the Glock. It got a very good review in American Handgunner as well, and the price. My local store is a little high and getting higher all the time, and he had it priced at $379. I am waiting for the .40 cal to hit the shelves.

Badger Arms

They're making the Israeli Tavor rifle there also. Interesting Bullpup. It's interesting that, like South Africa, Croatia is turning out to be an arms marketer.

optimist

HS2000 is an outstanding pistol, in terms of design, construction, quality, reliability, accuracy and features. I have shot my 9mm extensively with ZERO problems. Grip safety, cocking indicator and loaded chamber indicator are very useful features. I am truly impressed by fit and finish. Only pistol with a smoother slide to frame rail fit is my Sig P-210. "nuff said".

Gorthaur

How's the trigger reach? I have rather small hands and use the small backstrap on my Walther P99. How much are extra mags?

optimist

The grip dimensions and trigger reach are just right for me, because I have a smaller-than-average hand. Colt 1911-pattern guns are fine for me too, but large grip guns (Big Glocks) are hard for me to properly index. HS 2000 designers reallt thought this gun out well before putting it in production.

I am not sure about price of magazines; but I have been told that Beretta 92 hi-cap mags work with only slight modification. Since such an alteration does nothing to increase the capacity of the magazine, I believe that such a mod is OK.