HR 999 on the range

Wildshot

After owning it for 2 months, I finally got it out on the range. Really stiff double action trigger but it can be managed. Cocking it for single action shooting his hard on the thumb. The serrations on the hammer are really sharp. Now that is the bad stuff. The good stuff is that it is the most fun I have had with a revolver. Heavy steel gun shooting 22's, there is no kick at all and with a 6 inch barrel it is unbelievably accurate. I moved the target out to about 30 yards just to challenge myself.
I went to the range with my shooting buddy. Happens to be my baby brother. He is 64 years old and weighs about 60 pounds more than I. I took nothing but revolvers on this trip to the range. The HR 999, S&W 686 and a S&W 66-4. My brother brought only autos. Wasn't long and he abandoned his autos and helped me put about 400 rounds down range. At lunch after the range he confessed to wanting to add a 686 and an HR 999 to his arsenal. That is if he can find one. It was a very good day. :D

jrothWA

Only one way to deal with the stiffness,

USE IT!

A buddy of mine has a 999 have out squirrel hunting placed five shot in a fox squirrel running form the holster. It was tasty.

Very accurate and well balanced.

jamesjo

Love those sportsman!!

family9.jpg

I have an H&R Sportsman 999 that I purchased new in the early 70's. It spent quite a number of years in storage and I rediscovered it about 10-12 years ago. First handgun I ever owned. Of the 10 or so various pistols and revolvers that I shoot regularly at my local gun club, this one gets fired at least twice a month, maybe more. It's great to sit at a bench and bang away at steel plates at fifty yards. Pure plinking fun and that old dog shoots way better than me! What fun!!