How TRUE felonies should be punished

John/az2

http://www.marketwatch.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=CowfHqdicu2f1zgLczwHLywrPBMC&FQ

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Saudis Behead Convicted Murderer
Associated Press Online - July 04, 2000 09:05
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) - A man who strangled his mother-in-law was beheaded in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, the Interior Ministry said.

Hamad bin Issa Hafzi was found guilty of strangling the woman, Aisha bint Abdo Hafzi, after an argument, a ministry statement said. He was executed in Jizan in southern Saudi Arabia.

At least 64 people have been beheaded in Saudi Arabia this year. At least 99 were executed last year.

Punishment in Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islamic law that mandates death sentences for murder, rape, drug trafficking and armed robbery. Executions are carried out with a sword in a public square.

Human rights groups have criticized the high execution rate, saying the condemned have often not received a fair trial and noting that Islam prescribes using the death sentence sparingly.
[/quote]

------------------
John/az
"When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!
www.cphv.com

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
Yeah, let's support this...and wait for "gun trafficing" to be added to the list right next to "drug trafficing".

CMOS

Yes! Let's do that here. Seriously, I like it.

Can you just hear the liberals whining about how cruel it would be?...

CMOS

------------------
NRA? Good. Now join the GOA!

The NRA is our shield, the GOA will be our sword.

Jim V

"Now that you convicted him of theft, how soon can we start calling him Lefty?"

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

beemerb

Talked to a person who spent over a year in Saudi teaching ground to air missle systems operation. The paper printed the names crimes and punishment of all the criminals.He was down town one day and a siren went off.All shops closed and everone went to the town square for the beheading.
The whole point of this story is that he said no one locked doors or cars or where afraid to go out at night.
Inhuman punishment?I don't think so.The criminals knew what would happen when they where caught so thay acepted the risks.
I think it would work here except for people like the ACLU.
What do you think?Would it be worth it?

------------------
beemerb
We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain

paratrooper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim V:
"Now that you convicted him of theft, how soon can we start calling him Lefty?"

[/quote]

Free sex change operation . Go to Saudi Arabia and steal something with your Willie .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA

paratrooper

Do you notice that no gov't. has taken a firm stand against this country for this ? They got the oil and are a "big dog" in OPEC . We talk trash about Cuba and North Korea but we don't look to upset the apple cart when it could mean we would have to walk instead of drive . It's an internal thing by a group of people that were in existance a skrillion years before we were anything . Besides it's in their Bible .
The penalty is known by everyone . This is not something you would likely forget .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA

[This message has been edited by paratrooper (edited July 09, 2000).]

TMoney

"Human rights groups have criticized the high execution rate..."

It would be a terrible travesty of justice if the victim had any human rights.

I'm all for dropping them from 36,000 feet sans chute in the ocean, then if they make it to a shore, then I know God has given them a second chance.

kjm

I spent 7 months in Saudi Arabia and LOVE their penal system. It would never work here though. We have too many lawyers. There aren't a lot of lawyers in Saudi Arabia (probably would be beheaded).
I think that first, we need a good definition of Felony. By my way of thinking, a felony is somthing that causes:
1. Death
2. Serious bodily injury
3. Serious property damage
4. Serious financial loss
5. Impedes a persons civil rights to a degree where it causes either 1-4.

I don't believe that possession of anything should be considered a felony unless it is possession of a stolen item.
I don't believe that intent laws should be on the books. Either you did or you DID NOT distribute drugs, or either you did or you DID NOT murder someone.
Deal with the above felonies very harshly. The rest are misdemeanors, and should be dealt with by fine, or short jail terms.

paratrooper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjm:
[B
or either you did or you DID NOT murder someone. B][/quote]

The lawyer would claim that you DID NOT murder the person . You merely deprived them of the rest of their life . AND they would say it with a straight face . I've seen these politicians say they didn't break the law , they "merely failed to adhere to it ."
How about this ? " I didn't shoot him . I merely fired my gun where he was standing . He could have moved ." It's all crap . I saw a case where a drunk killed some people and the lawyer claimed he was so drunk that he didn't know he was getting into his vehicle and driving . Therefore he was not responsible . Is this stupid or what !~!!

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA