How to make your handgun unreliable...

JohnKSa

Administrator
Buy handgun X.

Decide that standard ammo for handgun X is too wimpy.

Buy or reload super-heavy-duty-shootemup-double-plus-good ammo for handgun X.

Upgrade recoil spring in handgun X by 5 lbs and add an aftermarket recoil buffer.

Voila!

I've seen reliable handguns maligned as malfunctioning pieces of garbage when the real issue is that people are trying to make them do things they were never meant to do.

The spring thing really gets me--I mean, if you could really safely and reliably make a 9mm perform like a .357 magnum (or whatever) by just changing out a $5 spring, don't you think the gun designers would have figured it out by now?

DAVID NANCARROW

...and if that don't screw it up, get out the dremel and some grinding wheels! Amazes me that people will take rumor as gospel and think they just have to slice, dice and marinade just to get bullets to go out of the barrel.

dsk

I agree with david. I think Dremel Corp. is responsible for destroying more handguns than Ticketmaster! :eek:

Arub

Dremel's don't destroy handguns, people do.

On the other hand, maybe we can interest Dewey, Suem and Howell to initiate a class action suit against Dremel for destroying handguns!:D

David Scott

When Dremels are outlawed, only outlaws will have Dremels. :)

You forgot to add "don't clean it for two years" to your
how to make it unreliable".

blades67

Let a graduate of the PCDI Gunsmithing course try to make handgun x more reliable. Oh, wait...I guess that brings us back to that Dremel tool thing.;) :D

mparris71

Dremel

Hey,
I have a friend that says "Give me a Six pack and a Dremel tool can I can fix anything":rolleyes: same guy that has a Shotgun with duck tape holding a barrel on its stock! needless to say I don't shoot with him:D

Jim V

Add. Lube the magazine, drop magazine in sand (make it real fine sand), step on the magazine before picking it up and not clean the magazine. "Play" with the extractor a little.

Arub

UNIVERSAL LAWS OF MR. FIXIT:

1. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

2. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
:p :D

ZipTieNinja

Hay! You forgot about zip-ties! And they even come in different colors now! :D

Universal unnder barrel light: Mini-mag and a couple cable ties! :p

lonegunman

I have heard of several people who have put a fewhundred rounds of ammo thru a 1911 to break it in, and have not had a jam.

Then they send it off for a $200 "reliability" package...

If it aint broke dont fix it.