How to locate your Briley choke wrench

Nortonics

Or just get a Carlson internal compression wrench and keep track of it like a hawk!

Choke%20Wrench-SPEED.jpg

Hey clayking - I bought the above wrench because I could never get my extended Remington chokes to tighten enough. So much for the convenience of 'tool-less' chokes... ;)

K80Geoff

I have found that you Always need a wrench even if you have those extended chokes. The chokes always get too tight.

I have a "Royal" choke wrench for my remchokes I bought at a local range on L I. It was made in a local shop by one of the local shooters and is quite ingenious, having an expanding rubber sleeve that compresses inside the choke tube. Can't find the guy who made them and the range has been closed down with NIMBYitis. Best wrench I have ever used.

I have all my chokes in a plastic MTM shell box designed to hold 25 12 ga shells. I keep the wrench in the box with all my chokes. Keep it in my shooting bag.

clayking

Hey clayking - I bought the above wrench because I could never get my extended Remington chokes to tighten enough. So much for the convenience of 'tool-less' chokes..

Granted, there is the occasional occurrence of that happening. I oil them ever so often and times they get that tight is really rare. I keep a small pair of pliers in my bag for just such times. After shooting I'm in the habit of tightening the chokes, just in case they've come unscrewed any. I'll never go back to the others......:) .......ck