How to CC a S&W Model 10

shafter

I just bought a 4'' Smith and Wesson Model 10-5. I'm pretty sure it has just become my favorite gun! I have an old S&W police holster that works perfect for carrying around the woods and camp, but I'd like to use it as my CCW if possible.

Do any of you carry such a gun, and if so what's your setup?

hexidismal

That depends if CCW to you means OWB or IWB. I always carry OWB under a shirt, and do sometimes carry a 2.5 inch kframe; usually in a Hume paddle. Seeing as I normally carry a 5" slide .45 in much the same manner, I don't suppose that extra inch and half of barrel on a k-frame would make much difference.
edcrevohex2.jpg

jrothWA

For my 4" that I CPL, ...

I prefer to use Old Bianchi IWB #6, especially the old triple layered one that allows my RSS6 to blend into the blubber.

Otherwise the Bianchi #3 are used.

Good luck.

Suggest that you try some bowling pin shots for timed (pressure)training and "speed loader" reloading without looking.

357 Python

When I carry my 4" S&W 10-8 I use an old Bianchi Shadow (pancake style). I have no trouble concealing it with a light jacket or a 511 vest.

CajunBass

I don't carry a 4" frame all the time, but I do from time to time. When I do it's in a "Master" OWB pancake holster. Not much harder to hide than anything else.

GM2

I often carry a Model 64 same as the Model 10 except in Stainless and it works out good for me in a leather Pancake.

camsdaddy

Theiss makes a holster for a K frame.I haven't tried one for mine yet but I have one for my glock that I really like. Relatively inexpensive and delivery time is reasonable

Viper225

I just took my 4" Model 64 off a few minutes ago. I was carrying it in a Lobo Enhanced Pancake, with Optional Inner Hammer Shield. It will carry just fine as long as you wear a long cover garment.

Problem: If you carry your Billfold in your strong side back pocket, it may be hard to get your billfold out, or back in. The barrel is in the way.
Solution: I will swap my billfold to another pocket when going into a store.

A Tuff Products Speed Strip is a good way to carry extra ammo. Note if you are going to practice reloading with a speed strip, the Orange ones may be easier to find on the ground after the reload.

Bob