how to carry ammo and strip question?

old fart

My wife got me a Bond Arms 9mm Rough Neck, a IWB, OWB, and a pocket holster. What is best to use to carry extra ammo?Also will a 357-38 speed strip be ok for the 9mm? I was thinking speed strips to carry but if y'all know of a better way please let me know. thanks

Skippy

I just popped a 9mm round into a .38 Bianchi speed strip and it fit fine.

I had a .38 derringer years ago as a novelty but sold it after the novelty wore off. Surprisingly, it wasn't as much fun to shoot as I thought it would be and was harder to get it out of my pocket than my snubby.

Maybe if I wore a gamblers vest.....

Good luck with yours.

Last edited:

DaleA

Well, Yancy Derringer carried his in his top hat. Wasn't all that quick on the draw but the surprise factor served him well.

Actually, I think he carried about 87 derringers secreted about his person. The series ended when he fell off a river boat and sank like a stone to the bottom of the Mississippi. (Kidding.)

Pahoo

Flexible narrow "eye-glass" cases

What is best to use to carry extra ammo?
I won't bost that it's the best but take a look at small flexible narrow "eye-glass" cases. They are the type that are about 1.5" wide x 6" long, made of a flexible soft fabric. I use them to carry an extra mag. I pick them up at Godwill, for .50 cents a piece. They come in all coors and some have fancy patters. For your use, I suspect you could carry two speed stips. :confused:

Be Safe !!!