How shall I rig these weapons for daily carry?

old_yout

I just realized my (reasonable) handgun wish-list with the recent purchase of a 625 (relax; it's thoroughly, though gently, used) and I'm wondering how to rearrange my rig to accomodate it.
I currently carry an ASP on the weak-side, my spare mag behind that, a full-size 1911 on the strong side and a compact 1911 in a pocket holster in my left pocket.
I want still to carry a 1911 and I would like to continue carrying the ASP, but I can't figure out whether I should carry the 625 on the strong side and the full-size 1911 behind the ASP and move the spare mag to a MOB and maybe a 625 reload somewhere in there or maybe 625 behind the ASP and keep the full-size as my first-draw, primary weapon or maybe replace the full-size entirely with the revolver and keep the compact in the pocket.
I don't know.

I'm pretty determined to carry both 625 and a 1911, so, if you'd be so kind, help me out here with some suggestions.
Thanks

C.R.Sam

Old_Yout....
You're nuts.

That said, I usually carry the large guns at 4 and 8 o'clock, just behind the hip points. With high rise holsters can still sit down in car etc. Little Model 19 likes to ride in right front pocket holster.

Holsters are the key to comfort.

Sam

Walosi

OK, so I'm another candidate for the laughing academy:) I carry the 625 strong-side, in either a pancake or Askins style rig. I will vary two J Frames along with it, in an inverted shoulder rig or crossdraw, and a belly holster. When I'm feeling up to it, one J may give way to an M66, crossdraw. I carry speed strips for the Js, and one speedloader for the 625. Any more, and my neighborhood chiropractor gets too much of my ammo money.:rolleyes:

Hutch

Holy cow! That's called being loaded for bear. :eek: Are you actually concealing that armory, or is this a duty rig of some sort? Maybe a stealth tactical vest is what you need.

old_yout

So...you're saying too much?
See, I figured when I carried a j-frame and a 1911 that if I can just as easily carry a compact instead of the j-frame then I should. I'm more accurate with a compact and it uses the same reload as my primary.
I don't think I should go back to a j-frame when I carry the 625 but I do still want to carry a back-up.
It all sort of adds up, I guess.

PPK

My suggestions:
1) 625 strong side, compact 1911 in pocket
2) 625 strong side, compact 1911 in SOB holster
3) One full size gun strong side, one full size in shoulder holster
4) #3, except with compact 1911 in pocket and J-frame on ankle
5) 625 strong side, compact 1911 weak side

Hkmp5sd

Ever happen to read......

the book "Bluesteel and Gunleather" by John Bianchi? It contains a picture of him wearing a suit. As he shows, he was wearing 27 concealed hanguns in assorted shoulder, belt and ankle hosters at the same time.

Probably uncomfortable as hell, but concealable. old_yout isn't anywhere near too much, yet. :D

Eric Larsen

I doubt old_yout is marketing a product like Bianchi did so very well :D I say 2 is enough...go 625 stong side and pocket compact for weak side.
Its comfy and your armed as well as most LEO's out there.
Unless you really do have a hit out on you...Hope not! Your more than likely covered.
Just my opinion......shocking isnt it?
Shoot well