How often you go..

ZekeLuvs1911

I was wondering how often you go shooting and how many rounds you typically shoot? I go once a week and go through 100-150 rds.

Ed Dixon

Once a month in bad times. Once a week in good. Take smokepole about half the time and probably go through 30 to 40 rounds in a couple hours. When shooting smokeless probably about the same as you. Been using a rolling block repro which doesn't go too quick either, but love it. My Vacquero just came in and I'll pick it up tomorrow. That could skew everything.

Calamity Jane

Hubby and I like to go shooting at least once a month. When the weather is nice and the chaos factor of life is reasonably low, it's not uncommon for us to hit the range once a week or so.

When hubby and I go to the range, I go through an average of 150-200 rounds of .22 (sometimes more) and something like 30 rounds of either .357 Magnum or .38 Special (depending on how peppy I feel that day). And that's in addition to shooting hubby's Mausers or any other nifty guns the range regulars might offer me to try. :)

Then there are our Blackpowder days. That's when we load up our muzzleloading paraphernalia and haul ol' Smoky and his little sister to the range. And I usually wind up shooting around 20 or so .50 cal. round balls.

Kermit

Usually one time per week, sometimes 2. I'll normally bring only 2 guns & one is a 22lr. I'll go through 200-300 22lr's & 100-200 of other caliber (usually 9mm or 45acp).

falconer

I shoot four or five days a week. Depending on what I'm shooting (competition gun or fun gun) I'll shoot 60-200+ rounds.

cwalker3

Not as often as I'd like, for sure. I try to hit the rifle range at least once a month. If I lived closer, I'd go more often. I usually go through about 200 rounds per rifle. I've been trying to get to the pistol range more often. I'd like to get there at least once a week, going through about 100 rounds per pistol.

Ceol Mhor

Last semester, I got to shoot off about 100 rounds of .22 three times a week (pistol team practices)...my class schedule this coming semester's going to push it down to once a week, though :(.

Brian Gibbons

Thats nothin'

I know some folks who go through about a thousand rounds a day on a good week. They shoot 20mm and it's mostly all "air to ground" though ...

thumbtack

Lately, I have only been able to go once a month. I shoot around 200 .223, 200 9mm or 45, 40-60 30.06 and a brick of .22s.

yankytrash

Once a week, sometimes every other week. I usually run out 300 rds per session, but that number has been dwindling since I started training myself for Highpower shoots.

SpazzTrap

At least once a week for pistol and once a week for Trap in season. 150-300 rounds is about average for either. When I go to the rifle range (every 2 weeks -4 weeks) I usually shoot 50 or so with my 8mm Mauser and a half brick of .22