how much would you ask for this??

predator86

i have a gun that i wish to sell in the near future because i dont feel like getting screwed on a trade-in but i dont know what this gun is worth so here goes-

Reminton 700 Mountain LSS bolt action rifle chambered in .270
tasco 3x9 scope
40 rds ammo
sling

its only had a couple hundred rounds through it, the woodwork is in good condition but im sure it has a few scratches on it but nothing huge. the scope is an older model and the only reason that it hasnt been replaced is because it has proven itself to be reliable in the worst conditions time and time again consistantly holding a zero, clear lens, good light pickup and good zoom.

so what do you think it is worth??

tINY

It's worth waht someone will pay for it...

I'd guess somewhere in the $400-$500 range.

-tINY

taylorce1

Well the best place to get an idea on what your rifle is worth is to check the auction sites like gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com. Right now on gunbroker.com the Mountain LSS is selling new for around $800 with shipping. FFL transfers will vary depending on who does them but anywhere from $15-50 isn't unheard of.

If you want your rifle to move price it accordingly to how much you are willing to part with it for. I think you could start out around $650-675 shipped if it is in like new condition, this should be better than what you would get trade in wise. Just remember that your scope isn't worth any extra value to the rifle or the sling, most buyers will replace them anyway if they don't like them. Only your high end scopes will add any extra value to the rifle.

The ammunition isn't an option if you are willing to ship the rifle as you will have to ship separate and is a bigger pain to ship than what it is worth. For $20 extra toss it in with the rifle if it is sold FTF. Just remember if your rifle isn't a discontinued or limited run model or built buy a well known gun smith they rarely go up in value.