How much for an Italian Beretta 92?

RCS

Recently I was trying to decide what 9mm I wanted to get. The choice came down to either a CZ-75 or a Beretta 92F. The real deciding factor came down to the large number of inexpensive hi-caps avalible for the Beretta. However, I decided to make this more interesting in that I only want an Italian one. What should I expect to pay for one in like-new condition? I did find one at a local shop that is in excellent condition, appears to be unfired, for $529. Is this a decent price or does anyone think I could find one for less?
Thanks for any info.

Spirex288

Italian ones are getting hard to find. A new US made 92FS cost more than $529 in my city. If that's in like new condition, I'd say go for it.

legion3

Depends on blue or stainless, if it comes with hicaps and to some extent model. SB/F/FS. If this is a stainless one its a good deal if it comes with hicaps. If SS hicaps its a *really* good deal. Italian ones cost more than US ones. I paid $500 for a Stainless Steel Italian (no box) with 1 Blue Hicap and $500 for a complete LNIB Italian Stainless set up including 2 SS hicaps. Unfortunately the second one, the better deal, had target sights which I will be replacing. I paid $365 for a Blued Italian 92SB model, an earlier version of the F/FS. It came with 1 blued hi-cap. Obviously I prefer the Italian ones too. Blued 92 factory mags run between $30-50 depending and CZ75 Factory mags can be had at www.bulkammo.com for $38 each. If its blued and has two blued hicaps it might be an OK deal if it only comes with one or 10 rnd's I would keep looking. Hope these comparisons help.

RCS

It is blued (black) and does come with at least one blued hi-cap. It is an F model. I do not know if it comes with the box as well. I wish it were a SS model, I would probably not have to think as hard about it. I would really prefer it was $100 less, but then again, wouldn't we all.

[This message has been edited by RCS (edited May 12, 2000).]

legion3

Well if its blued then I would see if I could get it for $450-475. Or get them to throw in another hicap. If its the modern black finish I think even for an Italian thats way to much. Try putting an add on www.subguns.com (message boards) or www.sturmgewehr.com. Specify you want an Italian only and see what pops up. That's how I got one of my $500 Stainless 92's. I will look around here and see if any are avalible.