how many

Very simple question. How many people have bought or fired Glocks 43X and do you like or dislike it and why?
I like Glocks they fit my hands very well & the ability to carry a 10+1 43X
is for me a great choice.
As always, all responses are welcome. Just stay on the post.

OhioGuy

I tried that, and the 48. I liked them both (no surprise as they're basically the same gun).

I'm not drawn to Glocks generally. But I found these to fit my hand quite well and to be very easy to shoot.

I also like the grip length. I very, very rarely carry anything less than full grip length and when I do, it's usually a Beretta Pico because I need something tiny.

I don't think I'd hesitate to buy a 43X or 48. If these aftermarket 15 round magazines become real (supposedly shipping by the end of October) and work reliably, it'll be in the same league as the wonder-9s from Sig and now Springfield.

USNRet93

Very simple question. How many people have bought or fired Glocks 43X and do you like or dislike it and why?
I like Glocks they fit my hands very well & the ability to carry a 10+1 43X
is for me a great choice.
As always, all responses are welcome. Just stay on the post.
I shot a 43x..really liked the way it felt in my hand compared to the 43..Just felt right BUT, for me and my EDC needs, the grip was too long for me to comfortably carry it(appendix, IWB)..But it felt great, shot great. Width was no big deal to me but length, is. Settled on a G26.

American Man

I passed by the 43x on the shelves every time I went into the shop. Then a couple months ago they had the black one and I still passed it up. I think the more people talk about how great something is, the more I have nothing to do with it. lol When I went to pick up my 20 last month, I just decided to see how the 43x felt in my hand. I thought it felt great. I have medium hands. The 17/19X grip is perfect, but I can also get a solid one handed grip on the 21/20 which is their thickest grip. So I ordered one and should have it in a couple weeks. My friend carries it as his BUG and off duty and he loves the thing... my response was always, "Yeah Yeah Yeah Ok, you love it, Great". He did pre order those 15 magazines a long time ago... so my thinking is, that I should have some of those magazines by this time next year. lol I just hope those magazines are the real deal. I've been disappointed with aftermarket magazines for almost every weapon I have and happen to think Glock's magazines are the most reliable long term than any of my other stock magazines for any other weapon. Almost 20 years and no issues with any stock glock mags... can't say that about my other guns.

AK103K

I had a couple of 42's when they first came out, and later a 43, which I swore I wasnt going to buy after I saw what the 42's were, and didnt see the point. So much for that. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with either of them, they all shot/worked great, but I just didnt see them replacing my 26's.

The biggest advantage to the 26 is mag compatibility. It can take mags of all of the full models in its family.

That slightly fuller grip also gives you better purchase on the gun, making it easier to shoot with.

rodfac

Doc...I'm not a fan of the Glock 17, 19, or 23 grip...too blocky for my taste...but I shoot them well...far better than I thought. How's the 43 grip compared to other double-stack Glocks? Rod

rickmelear

Ive carried a 43x for about 6 months and have been very pleased. Long enough to get a full grip but thin enough to easily carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:00. I carried a Kahr P9
for years and though the 43x is a little thicker and maybe a 1/4 inch longer it’s no problem.
Only other Glock I own is a 17 RTF and I shoot the 43x as well. I highly recommend one.

labnoti

I shot a 48 and liked the slim grip. I normally shoot revolvers and I suppose the slim grip felt better to me than a double-stack because my revolver grips are also slim.

The grip felt better than a Kahr CW9 which is otherwise very similar in form-factor. The Kahr's grip feels like a rectangular block. But I would give serious consideration to the better Kahr's like the K9 and T9. I have not been able to shoot them yet.

I don't see the point of the shorter barrel on the 43X. I can conceal much larger guns without a problem, so I would never want to give up the longer barrel ballistics and sight radius.

I was not expecting to like the trigger on the G48. It wasn't bad at all. I greatly preferred it to the VP9 and other H&K's.

I don't believe the slimline Glocks are ideal for mini reflex sights. I'm better than 50% convinced on them, so I would almost certainly prefer a Gen5 MOS, a CZ, Sig, or something else that was better suited for optics than a slimline.

rickmelear

I have a early model K9 as well, heavier but not much different in feel than the P9.
I don’t disagree on barrel length between 43x and 48, barrel length is no big deal on a slim ccw. To the above posters comment, I also carry a CZ P07 at times, shoot it very well but the 43x is easier. Back to Doc’s original post, we all have more guns than we need, I don’t think you will regret the 43X, it’s easy to carry and a gun that’s very easy to shoot well.

jonnyc

Had a 43, got a 43X. The 43X might be the last carry gun I ever buy....love it, fits me and my needs perfectly. Thinking about getting a 48 as a range gun, for lots of practice and less wear on the carry 43X.

Whirlwind06

I have a G48 been my primary carry for a while. Thinking about getting 43 so I can mix and match.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JohnKSa

Administrator
I handled a 43X yesterday and was favorably impressed. Went home and ran the numbers, and it's very similar in size to the Kahr P9/CW9 that I carry sometimes. Most of the dimensions are less than a tenth of an inch difference, the main size difference is that the grip is about 0.3" longer which also makes the overall length of the gun about a quarter of an inch longer. Unloaded weight is about 1.8oz difference with the 43X being heavier.

In exchange for that minimal size/weight difference, you get an extra 3 rounds (10+1 vs 7+1) in the gun.

I'm looking hard at it as a replacement for the P9/CW9.

raimius

I like having a full grip, and the slimmer grip is nice for comfort and concealment. 10+1 is pretty good capacity for most civilian applications (not many complain about too much ammo!)