How many US parts are needed for FN FAL?

straightShot

I'm getting an Austrian parts kit and a metric Imbel receiver.

How many US parts do I have to put in the gun to make the rifle legal?

Who has the best deal on parts kits?

Thanks,

straightShot

------------------
NRA Life Member
Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners(MCRGO)

AUCUP

I believe you need 7 US parts. Some people change the base, spring and follower on the magazines and they do count as US parts on your gun. However, you are limiting yourself to mags you can use. DSA sells US parts and so does Federal, Enterprise and others. Check the FN-FAL forum to get more info. They have manufacturers and gunsmiths there that can give you more accurate information including pricing.

BTW, NIW pre ban, metric mags are for sale for $6.50 each. These South African steel mags. I will give you the dealer's phone number if you are interested.

straightShot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AUCUP:
BTW, NIW pre ban, metric mags are for sale for $6.50 each. These South African steel mags. I will give you the dealer's phone number if you are interested.[/quote]

Thanks, AUCUP. Please post that dealer info on the metric mags.

------------------
NRA Life Member

Dangus

Do US nuts, bolts, and screws count?

------------------
The Alcove

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me

Correia

At the fal files, under parts kits, there is a list of the acceptable U.S. parts. Usually the ones substituted are trigger, hammer, sear, gas piston, cocking handle, & grip. To the best of my knowledge, that seems to be the most common parts changes that I've seen.

Check there though, I could be wrong. I'm pretty new to FALs myself.

straightShot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Correia:
At the fal files,

Check there though, I could be wrong. I'm pretty new to FALs myself.
[/quote]

I'll do a search and find some FAL pages. Thanks.

Have you fired your FAL yet?

------------------
NRA Life Member

Correia

I am going Friday to get it sighted in, and then going to the Utah TFL get-together on Saturday. But unfortunatly I haven't got to shoot it yet since I picked it up. Though I did shoot it when it belonged to its previous owner and it was sweet. :D