How many magazines do you own per pistol?

What is the MOST magazines you own for any one autopistol?

• Way more than 12

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • More than 12

Votes: 17 7.5%

Votes: 6 2.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 14 6.2%

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 12 5.3%

Votes: 9 4.0%

Votes: 32 14.2%

Votes: 21 9.3%

Votes: 42 18.6%

Votes: 36 15.9%

Votes: 22 9.7%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I own that many mags for EVERY autopistol I own.

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • I own that many mags for most of the autopistols I own.

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • I own that many mags for a few of the autopistols I own.

Votes: 21 9.3%
  • I only own that many mags for one of the autopistols I own.

Votes: 26 11.5%

• Total voters

JohnKSa

Administrator
I just wondered how many magazines people typically own for an autopistol.

Answer the numeric poll for the pistol you own the MOST magazines for and then answer the accompanying questions below that relate to the other guns you have.

NRAhab

My competition guns have lots and lots of mags, but guns I own just for "funzies" usually only have the one or two factory mags. But anything that is going to get shot seriously in matches needs a minimum of six mags, and I like to have 12 or more.

Hawg

I've got a few autos but the only one I have more than one for is my 1911 and I have six for it.

SV_shooter

because I primarilly shoot ipsc, I have an average of 4 mags per gun. I only have 2 mags for just about everything else. A std. Capacity, and a high cap. All the safe queens and plinkers have what came w them. I have a lot of 1911's in .45. I must have 50+ chips & wilsons as well Mec-gar, RIA, kimber, springer, and colt mags.

Nnobby45

Given the storm warnings re: the possible drastic changes in the political climate, I'm not as enthused as I once was about answering questions about how many guns, how much ammo, how many magazines, etc., I have stored up.

To try and keep in the good spirit of the thread, I'd say I have enough "essential" items on hand to ensure my piece of mind, and my check mark would be in the upper tier of the survey chart, in most instances, where all the "essential" items are concerned. ;)

Wow, is Texas getting their butts kicked or what?

I'd recommend that if you don't, by now, have such items, then get moving.:cool: That would be prudent, even if our fears aren't realized.

vanguard_anon

I would think two is the magic number in terms of having a defense gun. I have 4 because of a mail in rebate and I find that to be about perfect for a day at the range. One has my expensive carry rounds and the other three go into use. Any more than three and I want a new target anyway.

asmotj

M1911A1 MAGAZINES
I keep finding the US issue for $5 at flea markets recently I picked up a brown box with magazines wrapped in foil for $10 a piece brand new good springs just needed a cleaning

Peter M. Eick

I am up to around 20 mags per sig 210 and 18 for each PSP.

I try to keep at least enough mags for 50 rounds loaded, but now I am going to 100 rnds per mag. That way I have good supply.

I hate loading mags at the range. What a waste of time when I could be shooting. Load them at home and then shoot them up and switch guns.

sholling

For dual use pistols I keep magazines loaded with social rounds and empty magazines ready for the range. Range only pistols might have only 2-3 spares. My go-to/nightstand M&P45 has at least 8 spares loaded, and several more empty and ready for range use.