How many airgunners here?

myopicmouse

PCP 35ft.lb Airarms S410E Xtra High power.22cal, goes out to 75yrds.

http://www.air-arms.co.uk/frameset(sportingrilfes).htm

P95Carry

Always been into air weapons from ..... way back. Several rifles (old Webley MkIII and an HW35) ... newest is ''Eurolux'' .... almost makes claimed 1000 fps (950 in fact) and is a great rifle ... almost certainly Chinkie in origin. Have added a red dot to it most usefully.

eurolux_s.jpg

Also, long ago - aquired and played with the real old style Webley air pistols .. still got three .. and two of those shoot really quite well ... tho they score a big zero for aesthetics!! :D

airpistol_all_02_s.jpg

Samuel2001

I too enjoy shooting air guns. Keeps you on your toes when not shooting firearms.
My pride and joy? My late 70's vintage Walther LVG .177 10 meter rifle! :)

Gewehr98

I've had airguns ever since I was able to pull a trigger.

And I'll be darned if my Baikal IZH-61 isn't the most fun I've had in years. Great for those darned pigeons in my back yard, too!

izh60_61.gif

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
OOOOPS! Misunderstood the topic . . . .

I was going to tell about recently meeting a man who ran the ball turret on a B17 . . . .

;)
Johnny

hardeyes

Hello;

Well, I have also always had an AG.

I favor the 'springers'. I do most of my hunting with my beeman C1- in .22cal.

I find that I can take game with it, (jackrabbit, squirrel, rats, crows, etc) at 30-40yrds, the most I can accurately hit with. The .22 cal with cp's does a good job, hits them hard, and I have even put 4 shots into the same hole @15yrds with this classic carbine.

The other AG, that I own is the Webley tommahawk also in .22, it is a fine ag. It has alot of power, accurate, and looks very good.

Once you get to 'know' how to shoot a springer, then I find that I can shoot them just as good as anything out there. I find tho that while hunting with springers, that I sometimes wish I could do a faster 'reload', sometimes you have to 'restock' you'r game, because most springers are single shot.

Overall, I do very much like AG'ing. I can also recommend it to anyone. Hardeyes

YosemiteSam357

I recently started looking at an airgun for crow control. Saw a nice little Crosman RM377 in a local shop, new for $80. How would this compare to the above-mentioned Baikal IZH-61? I kinda like the Crosman; it reminds me of my first gun, a Daisy springer .22 pellet gun. But I could probably get used to the "space gun", since I don't own too many non-traditional guns. Read some reviews on the Crosman which said that while the manuf. claimed 950fps some guns shot as slow as 600.

-- Sam

ducktapehero

I'm 32 years old and can still have a blast with my old fashioned lever action Daisy. It's similar to a Red Ryder but it's not one. :(

VictorLouis

P95Carry,

Yes, the Eurolux is a Chinese gun. Go here for everything you ever wanted to know:

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/kickbox/377/sm1kindex.html#very top

Saw a nice little Crosman RM377 in a local shop, new for $80. How would this compare to the above-mentioned Baikal IZH-61? I kinda like the Crosman; it reminds me of my first gun, a Daisy springer .22 pellet gun. But I could probably get used to the "space gun", since I don't own too many non-traditional guns. Read some reviews on the Crosman which said that while the manuf. claimed 950fps some guns shot as slow as 600. -- Sam

Sam, that Crosman is made by Mendoza in Mexico. It happens to be the FIRST adult airgun I bought.:) It's a deal at the $100 I paid, so you better move on it at that price. The trigger is HEAVY, but it the traditional two-stage design common to mostairguns. Mine is 25yd. Accurate, and I haven't even scoped it yet. There's also a ready fix for the trigger, though I'm just using mine as-is for the time being. If you find that you don't care for it, then you shouldn't take much of a hit for it. HOWEVER, you may find yourself wanting to spend the extra for a better quality airgun for your next...and third....and fourth purchases and so forth...:D

That IZH 61 Russian has a loyal following. It certainly is a "neat" piece, and I've handled one a couple of times. Here you go:

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/kickbox/377/izh60ind.html

For those of you really interested in some more information, here's the definitive site with more links than you can shake a stick at:

http://www.airguninfo.com

goalie

I also bought one of those Eurolux airguns at Sportsman's Guide, since it is local and I can drive over to pick stuff up. I added a 4x32 ProAir scope from Simmons and I'll be darned if that thing isn't a tack driver at 20 yards. Not bad for about $220.00 total, including the scope mount. You could even put a BSA airgun scope on one from Sportsman's Guide for less, but the BSA didn't cut it optically when compared to the Simmons.

P95Carry

Goalie - I fitted an inexpensive red dot to my Eurolux and .......... it does OK. I have sighted at 25 yds and altho not too good a group (well, by .22 stds) - it does give adequate results. Sufficient I think to achieve one minute of crow at 25 yds!

This thing whacks thru OSB like it ain't there! :)